Ni

The evening was as enjoyable as it could be. The feast was of stew and delicious fish servings.

You sat next to the energetic Akai for the entire evening. Although it was strangely awkward between the pair of you. In no way was this relation natural by any means. But it was cute watching Akai react to little things you did.

The pair of you walked outside side by side. Akai, making sure to keep up with your pace.

"So, how does it feel like?" The boy questioned.

"Hm?"

"How does it feel like to be the waterbender with the most potential?" He questioned, stopping to look at you.

You stopped alongside him, looking up to the crescent moon.

"I wouldn't say the most potential... I'm just okay with bending." You answered.

You let out a gentle huff before looking back to the boy. He was simply in awe of the humbleness you maintained. Your face turned red, feeling his gaze on your face.

"I-I mean, I'm not as good as a hunter as you!" You exclaimed, making him laugh.

"Eh, I'm just okay with hunting." He stated, making his joke.

The pair of you laughed before he walked closely towards you. The distance between you being close. You felt his breath on your skin, making your spine tingle.

"But I think I do better in relationships." He romanced, making your face turn red.

"I-, I-." He just smiled, patting your head.

"Good night, Y/N." Akai stated, walking away from you.

You felt the heat on your cheeks. The cold breeze did nothing to ease your embarrassment. You let out a sigh before looking back up to the crescent moon.

"Such weak moonlight tonight..." You muttered, walking back into the feasting hall.

Your father chuckled alongside a few of the elder waterbenders. You smiled, seeing the joy in the room. You clutched onto the carved white shell necklace on your neck. She would've enjoyed all that was going on here.

The necklace was engraved with the symbol of a white lotus on one end and the water tribe symbol on the other. It was linked by colorful beads from the Earth Nation, had red tassels of the Fire nation, and was string by orange leather of the Air Nation. It was your mother's passion project from every nation.

It was the only thing you had left of her.

You let out a sigh, looking back to your father. The aged man looked to you and smirked.

It was all so peaceful to exist here without fear of the Fire Nation. It was home...

"Watch me, Y/N. Healing is a vital part of our culture as waterbenders. Especially for our culture as a matriarchy." Your mother explained, sitting you in front of a doll.

"What's this? Why does it look so creepy?" You questioned poking the doll.

"This is our healing training dummy. It is modeled after the chi system of the human body."

"Spooky." You muttered, making your mother laugh.

"What we do is that we use water as a catalyst of change. By using water, we are able to manipulate the chi of a human. Redirecting the energy to a wounded area and positively influencing the wound to heal itself." She instructed, hovering her hands over the mannequin.

With a flow of her hands, she summoned the flow of water within the mannequin. Allowing the cracks to glow and spin all around the body.

Your eyes widened in wonder as your mother worked so elegantly.

"Now let's see what you can do." She instructed, allowing you to take her place.

"Let us first identify the water within the body." She explained, lifting your hands over the mannequin.

With a spin of your hands, you summoned a portion of water to the center of the mannequins stomach. The glow was dim and struggled. You struggled with the dimness of the light. Your mother had so easily summoned it. Commanding it so easily as if it was second nature.

As you struggled and struggled to keep the water in a glow. You lost control, letting the glow slip away.

Your face dropped in disappointment. A pout coming over your face with this disappointing development.

Your mother smiled, rising from her seat before sitting herself in front of you.

"Remember, son, water bending is not as controlling as other bending styles. It is different, unlike other bending styles in which you dominate the element. Water allows you to adapt to the flow of energy around you." She explained, summoning the water flow through the mannequin.

"Instead of an interaction where the element is separate from you. Water is you and flows through you. By allowing the flow of your energy to flow with all others. You allow for the truest form of waterbending to take place." She instructed, flowing her movements with the flow of water.

"Fire is the element of power. Those of the Fire Nation are passionate and have the power to reach their passion. Earth is the element of substance. The Earth Nation is filled with diverse, strong-willed people. Their endurance and strength are what drive them. Air is the element of freedom. The Air Nomads were people free of attachment, allowing their minds to guide their actions in life. And finally, water is the element of change. We as a tribe are close and familial. We change with one another. We allow for change to guide us." Your mother explained, pulling her hands away from the mannequin.

"To understand one element, you must also understand the fundamentals of the others. This practice of healing, for example, is derived from the teachings of the air nomads." Your mother continued, taking the necklace from her neck off.

"I once had a friend who was a descendent of those people. He was the one who gifted me the string for this necklace." She stated, placing the necklace around your neck.

"Each part of this necklace represents the idea of unity from separation. I want you to have it." She stated, cradling your face in her hands.

"Always remember, as important as one part seems. Each part is key to forming the entire picture." She explained, placing a kiss on your forehead.

You laughed, rubbing the spot of your forehead. She patted your head before gesturing to the mannequin.

"Now, let's continue."

#1064

#1064