Jyuu Ichi

Two days passed.

Nearly a month since your capture. A month on this boat sailing around the South Pole. Each day passing so quick.

You sat in your room. Trying your best to meditate, honing your mind to the absence of thought. Although it was a hard and difficult challenge to accomplish. The thoughts of affection and love clouded your mind.

Thoughts you were the most weak, too. After all the one time you embraced these emotions, you ended up on this ship. A sigh escaped your lips as you rubbed your face.

As much as you hated the Fire Nation and all they had done. You found yourself falling for their crown prince! How spiteful you felt against yourself at this moment.

Zuko, a guy who almost ordered the eradication of your people. Somehow, he captured your heart. You groaned, grabbing onto your necklace. Running your finger through the engravings of white shell.

You despised this feeling of inferiority. Yet, in total opposition, you felt your emotions leaning towards affection for the male. It was a strange sensation that confused the deepest part of your person. An irritated groan escaped your mouth as you slicked back your hair.

A knock came at the door. Iroh.

"Come in!" You exclaimed, sliding back to the wall.

To your surprise, Zuko entered the room. He knocked?

Your eyebrows cocked in surprise, looking to the teen. Zuko sat himself in front of you. His eyes focused on your figure. An almost snake like stare that caught you off guard.

You felt nervous existing with that glare. Your eyes struggled to keep contact with his.

"W-what can I do for you, my prince?" You questioned, slightly bowing your head.

"Just sit there." Zuko commanded, a regalness in his tone as he examined your features.

The nervousness in your body increased. Every joint stiffed up in an instant. You felt his eyes investigate your figure keenly. It felt like a predator examining the health of its prey.

A nervous gulp broke the silence in your head. Rather than a nervous gulp, however, it was a terribly audible gulp. Breaking and stepping on the silence the male built up. He let out a small chuckle, rising to his feet. He began to walk out the door.

"Wait! What were you even doing?" You questioned, pulling yourself from your seat.

Zuko looked back and let out a laugh.

"I just wanted to make sure you're in good health." Zuko stated, opening the door.

You quickly grabbed his wrist, holding him in place. The teen whipped his head back in surprise. A slight glint of anger flashed in his eyes.

"What?" He bitterly questioned.

"What do you mean 'what?' Are we not going to talk about what happened two days ago?" You questioned, gripping his wrist tighter.

"What do you mean? It was just self-defense." He replied.

"Self-defense, my ass, you're not supposed to tense up if it's self-defense." You exclaimed.

Again, the boy surprised you. In an instant, he pushed you against the wall. Pinning you by your arms. His strength overpowering you. You stood underneath his gaze, unable to do anything.

"Like this?" He questioned, his breath releasing onto the bare nape of your neck.

A familiar shiver ran up your spine as his eyes pierced yours.

You couldn't help it the moment his eyes met yours. The infatuation you had for him took over. You felt yourself getting lost in his eyes. The deep intricateness of his yellow eyes was so vivid. Especially now that you both were so close.

Again, a familiar impulsive thought ran through your mind. The thought of running your hand against the prince's scar. Yet now, you were helpless to do so.

Wait, he planned this.

Your eyes hesitated as the realization came over you. He was restraining you, just so you wouldn't attempt to touch his scar. Not only that, the same connection of your proximity to one another was kept from the last incident. But your legs were still free, the main thing that changed the outcome of positioning in the last incident. No, your legs felt weak, even though you were standing. If he let go of you at this moment, you'd likely collapse. Nervousness was even accounted for.

"Dirty cheat." You muttered, looking into his eyes.

"What did you say?" He questioned his grip tightening.

"You planned this out, didn't you.. Why?" You questioned, only causing the prince to smirk.

"I'm sure you know." Zuko replied, his face beginning to flush over.

"You mean.." You whispered, your face beginning to turn red.

"I-I like you.." Zuko stated nervously. Slightly stammering over his words.

Damn! How ironic this boy was, so dominant, yet he got so embarrassed over such a simple phrase. His face red as he spoke.

"I-I do, too." You admitted, your face looking down.

It was an instant reaction. Zuko's lips melded to yours in a passionate kiss. Your eyes widened in surprise. You didn't know how to react properly. You gave a slight struggle before you gave up. Giving into the deepness of the kiss.

It was strange but romantic. A final revalation of this romantic prince.

Knock, knock.

The door opened, the commander standing at the doorway.

"What?!" Zuko yelled angrily.

"Sir, you should see this." He stated, walking away from the door.

Zuko released you, keeping a grip on your left arm. Together, the pair of you walked out to the deck of the ship. Your eyes widened in shock. A bright pillar of blue light appeared in the sky. The grip Zuko had on you loosened.

"Find that light!"

#945