snakes and buses || LILY

teenagers - my chemical romance

AS Duncan had suspected, it didn't take long for the scent of not one, but two demigods to become prevalent to the surrounding monsters

AS Duncan had suspected, it didn't take long for the scent of not one, but two demigods to become prevalent to the surrounding monsters. Luke still hadn't given me back my weapons.

We had been walking for at least half an hour, and I wrapped my leather jacket around my frame. I usually traveled in the daytime this late in the year, which meant I wasn't used to the harsh cold at night.

Luke had assured me we were getting closer to the bus station - like I'd trust him anyway - and that it'd only be a few more blocks. Although they had told me countless times they were here to help me, I couldn't help but feel like a prisoner. One was stationed on either side of me, and if I so much as strayed a few feet ahead, I was yanked backwards by Luke.

"Hey, uh, guys." Duncan spoke, his nose twitching. "We might want to put a little pep into our steps. I smell monster." 

I stopped walking and looked at the goat/boy skeptically. "What do you mean, you smell monster?" I asked.

Both boys stopped walking and turned towards me. Duncan's nose was non-stop twitching now, and Luke was looking at me with an annoyed look.

"How about we keep walking before we can smell the thing too?" Luke suggested, nodding towards the end of the sidewalk.

"Too late."

Duncan pupils had narrowed down to slits, and he was looking at something over my shoulder. I let out a sigh of frustration and turned.

Standing at the end of the block, engulfed in the shadows, were two tall women. At least I thought they were women. I couldn't make out their legs, and when I squinted my eyes, it seemed like there were two large fire hoses attached to the waist of each woman.

"Dracaena." Luke muttered, his eyes trained on the women. "Duncan, take Lily and get her to the bus station. I'll meet you guys there."

Duncan didn't need much convincing. He grabbed ahold of my arm and began to march in the opposite direction, but I tugged my arm from his grip.

"Excuse you, but I believe you could use some help fighting those... what'd you call them?" I began, pointing my finger towards Luke.

"Dracaena! And no, you haven't been properly trained. You'd be a liability more than anything." Luke argued, glancing back at me as he unsheathed his sword.

The two snake women were beginning to move towards us, and now that they were in closer proximity, I could hear hissing sounds.

"Look, pretty boy, I've been fighting shit-for-brains like these for four years. Give me my knives!" I snapped, grabbing ahold of Luke's shoulder.

He shoved me off and back towards Duncan, who caught me with a grunt. He shouted for us to go to the bus station before charging the snake women.

Idiot!