camp halfblood || LILY

ever since new york - harry styles

FINALLY, I had left the infirmary. I had insisted on putting my jacket on, expecting to be greeted by the late November weather I had grown accustomed to. Luke, however, insisted I left it off.

I see why.

As soon as I stepped onto the porch outside of the house, I was greeted with a wave of heat. It was as though I had left the bitter cold of New York and stepped into an alternate version of the place.

I glanced behind me, at the building I had just emerged from. It was a lot bigger than I had initially thought. It raised a few stories into the sky, but had a rustic look to it, which made it less intimidating I suppose. The porch that we were standing on wrapped all the way around, rocking chairs and benches scattered throughout.

"This is the big house." Luke said, gesturing towards the house. "Usually you can find Chiron or Mr. D here."

I nodded slightly, acknowledging that I had heard the boy, but I stepped off the porch, my eyes scanning the scene before me. The hill that I had fought the lion on days before had led directly into a valley. Hills surrounded the camp, and in the distance, the grass turned to forest. Peeking through the trees were an array of building. A bit before the trees began, kids and teens walked around, played volleyball, or shot arrows at targets.

"Wow." I mumbled. "This is..."

"Yeah." Luke smiled, stepping up to stand next to me. "It's pretty awesome, hey?"

I glanced at Luke before facing forward again. Without waiting for him to lead me, I began walking down the hill. I heard him let out a sigh before he lurched forward and began walking with me.

I tried to ignore the way the teens I passed stopped what they were doing to stare. A few girls leaned towards each other, whispering into their ears. I had dealt with my fair share of mean girls, and I wasn't going to let them walk all over me like I did when I was a young girl.

"Here, let me take your bag." Luke reached out and plucked my backpack from my shoulder. "For now, you'll be staying in the Hermes cabin. Until you're claimed."

"Claimed?"

I had heard Chiron use the word "unclaimed" to describe me earlier to Rosie. I was as confused now as I was then.

"Your godly parent. Once they claim you, you'll be moved to their cabin." Luke explained. "Hermes is accepting of everyone, so the unclaimed kids reside in our cabin until they're claimed."