the god of wine hates me || LILY

~come a little closer - cage the elephant~

AFTER a couple days at camp, I was officially "claimed"

AFTER a couple days at camp, I was officially "claimed". After the entire camp kneeled before me (weird, I know), I moved my stuff into the Apollo cabin.

At first, I was glad to be in a new cabin, because I hoped that meant it would be less crowded. But when I entered the Apollo cabin, I realized it was almost as full as the Hermes' cabin. Rosie, the redheaded girl from the infirmary was the first to greet me.

"Lily!" she exclaimed, bounding over. "I knew you were an Apollo kid."

I gave the girl a tight-lipped smile and a nod. She hadn't been anything but nice to me since I had gotten to camp. Although I found her personality to be... overwhelming, I didn't have the heart to shut her down like I did most kids.

"How did you know?" I asked.

If anything, I gave of the complete opposite of Apollo kid vibes. The rest of the kids I had been introduced to were bubbly, only wore yellow, and loved people.

Not my style.

"Oh, come on." Rosie rolled her eyes. "It was so obvious. The whole healing Luke thing? And then the archery? You might as well held a sign over your head saying Apollo's my Daddy!"

I stared at Rosie blankly. Had it really been that obvious? And was I the only one who didn't realize it?

"Anyway, there's an empty bunk you can claim." Rosie said, leading me through the cabin. We stepped around a cot in the middle of the room. "Because we're the camp healers, we tend to get a lot of injured visitors."

She stopped at a bed near the back of the cabin. A sun shaped nightlight was plugged into the outlet on the wall next to it. In fact, as I looked around, all the beds seemed to have a nightlight.

Before I could question this, the sound of hooves against wood hit my ears. I looked toward the source of the sound and saw Duncan. He must have been running for a little while because he was curled over, hands on his knees and chest heaving.

"Duncan." I greeted, raising an eyebrow. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Duncan straightened up and let out a shaky breath. "Flower face." he nodded towards Rosie. "Flower face 2."

He then nodded towards me. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Is there a reason you came sprinting in here?" I asked.

Duncan held a finger out, letting himself catch his breath completely. "Yes, actually." he replied. "Chiron wants to speak with you."

I uncrossed my arms and I looked at Duncan with furrowed brows. What had I done to already get called to the principals office?

"Why?" I asked.

"Just go." Duncan sighed. "Please? I seriously don't need Mr. D putting me on stable duty agin."