i'm magic? || LILY

demigods - fall out boy

FINALLY, I had convinced Luke to give me my weapons

FINALLY, I had convinced Luke to give me my weapons. He dug around in his bag before pulling out the entire belt, which contained all three of my knives and my sword. I buckled it around my waist before pulling out my sword.

"We need to try and get to the border before whatever gets here, and-,"

Lukes speech was cut short when he caught sight of something over my shoulder. He cursed under his breath, causing me to turn and follow his line of sight.

Standing maybe 200 yards down the road was a lion. And not just a normal lion - not that any lion on Long Island would be considered normal, but a pure gold lion. One that reflected the moonlight off of its back like the sword in my hands.

"Any ideas?" I asked, my hands shaking.

"Yeah. One." Luke replied, his eyes trained on the monster.

"Mind filling us in?" I asked.

"Run."

Duncan didn't need to be told twice. Before I could even think about taking a step forward, he was already halfway up the hill. I tried not to look behind me as I ran, but hearing the enraged roars of a golden lion didn't help my piece of mind.

"It's getting close!" Duncan yelled as we approached the peak of the hill. "We're not going to make it!"

My chest heaved with exhaustion as I attempted to push myself to the top of the hill. The roaring of the lion was getting louder, and I knew Duncan was right. The ground beneath my feet finally flattened out, and I practically collapsed.

"Look out!"

I flipped myself onto my back and was met with the wide mouth of the lion which had gained on me insanely quickly while I had my back turned. My sword was still in my hand, but I hadn't the chance the use it before the monster was slammed into from the side.

Luke slammed his sword into the body of the lion, but was thrown backwards as soon as it had made contact.

"Shit!" he exclaimed, pushing himself back up.

"What?" I questioned, getting to my feet.

Luke put his arm out in front of me while keeping his eyes trained on the lion. It wasn't charging us yet, but it was eyeing us dangerously.

"Nemean lion." Luke breathed, his grip tightening around his sword. "It... it's fur can't be cut by our swords... by anything, really."