01 - Reincarnation

Levi was your average 26-year-old guy, he did not have anything outstanding about him. He had an average appearance, an average job and he didn't have a girlfriend to speak of.

The only thing that might be different about him from other people was that he had grown up as an orphan which wasn't really a perk.

His life was as average as one can imagine, although it was a massive mayhem in his first few years alive but through luck and hard work he managed to pull himself up, but an average life is the best he could achieve after all these years.

With no changes to his everyday routine whatsoever throughout the years, one could even say that he was more like a zombie than a human just doing his best to get through everyday life on autopilot and get back to his apartment.

But, there was one thing that brought excitement into his life and made him feel that he was alive again, Fiction!!

Whether it is novels, games, fanfiction, anime...etc, you name it, it all added a spark to his dull life. It was like the bright light of a candle in his dark world.

And so after he finished his work for today he was pretty excited to head home and catch up on some novels and fanfiction that he had been saving in his library for a while, his library which was already full of books that he was planning to read... someday, unfortunately, fate had some other plans for him

***

"Alright boss, alright, alright I'll make sure it is ready by Monday next week." He was speaking on his smartphone while walking on the streets at night heading back home, and he had just finished talking to his boss.

And What a fucking pig his boos is, he hated the asshole but he can only speak politely to him and not express it out loud, and what can he do otherwise? Say no to him and get fired? Thank you very much but he doesn't want to starve to death.

He always hated how his life felt like a prison, one wrong move and he will be finished. He hated how just a random stranger above him in a company could completely ruin his life if he just had a bad day and decided to mess with him.

"Sigh, another weekend ruined." he sighed with a heavy heart as he removed the phone from his ear and put it into his right pocket.

'And I thought I'd get to enjoy these couple days, what rotten luck.' he thought as he waited for the light to turn red at the side of the road to cross the street.

He was currently the only one there as it was already late at night and he had to stay late and put in extra hours to finish the work assigned to him by that asshole.

A couple of seconds later the light turned yellow before finally turning red giving him a signal to cross to the other side, and that's what he did like he does every day.

Death always seems so distant from us. so distant from our everyday life, we always hear about it and see it around us all the time but we always think that it's something far removed from us, that it's something that we won't have to deal with until far later in life, that's how most people think, and that's how Levi thought until that moment.

So what happened next was out of his expectations and caught him completely unprepared.

A huge truck, seeming to have lost its brakes came rushing towards him from out of nowhere, he swore to god he looked both ways before crossing and there was nothing on both sides.

And so in shock, he froze in his place not knowing what to do, and it wouldn't even have made a difference if he had tried to dodge either way, it was already too close.

Its front lights blinded him as it got closer to him and then... It all went dark and he lost consciousness.

***