07| I'll kiss her every day

I tuned the radio, searching for the perfect song, and just as my fingers hovered over the dial, a romantic melody filled the car

I tuned the radio, searching for the perfect song, and just as my fingers hovered over the dial, a romantic melody filled the car. I let it play, the lyrics weaving a spell around me.

A scene unfold- the dance with Adwait on our convocation day, the warmth of his hand in mine, the twirls and laughter echoing in my ears. A smile, unbidden and unexpected, spread across my face as I was engulfed in the hazy embrace of that memory. Over the years, his memories had become my ultimate source of happiness that never failed to lift my spirits no matter the darkness of the moment.

My flood of memories was abruptly cancelled by a deafening honk. Blinking rapidly, my eyes widened in alarm as I swiftly slammed the brakes, bringing my car to a screeching halt just in time to avoid a collision with the vehicle crossing the road horizontally. Resting my head against the wheel, I took deep, shaky breaths, feeling my heart pound in my chest as if it were trying to leap out of my hand from the brink of disaster.

With a sigh, I restarted the engine, opting for silence as I navigated the roads toward my destination. After a long drive spanning over an hour, I arrived at a cozy little house.

Stepping out of the car, I swiftly made my way to the door and rang the doorbell. Moments later, the door swung open, revealing two smiling faces.

"Namaste," I greeted, joining my hands, to which they nodded in acknowledgment. Stepping inside the house, my eyes swept across the surroundings.

Suddenly, a joyful squeal erupted from one of the rooms, catching my attention. I watched as a small figure emerged, a radiant smile gracing her dimpled cheeks as she raced towards me with outstretched arms. She enveloped my torso in a tight embrace, her sweet voice calling out, 'Mama'.

I scooped Adya up into my arms, planting gentle kisses on her rosy, chubby cheeks. "How's my precious baby doing?"

"Good, Mama," she replied, her little arms wrapped tightly around me as she nestled her face into my neck, inhaling my scent with contentment.

I observed her grandparents smiling fondly at us. "I'll escort her to her room. Please, don't trouble yourselves with snacks. I won't partake in anything," I assured them before turning and making my way towards her room.

Closing the door behind me, I settled onto the bed, gently cradling Adya in my lap. With a soft sigh, I slipped my bag off my shoulder and retrieved a small box from within. "Look, what I've brought for my precious daughter," I announced, as I began to unwrap the package.

As soon as I opened the box, Adya's eyes sparkled with delight, a gasp escaping her lips as she brought her tiny hands to her mouth in wonder. "Colors!" she exclaimed, her fingers tracing over the vibrant hues of the palette.

"Yes, colors, brand new ones. You did wonderfully in your session," I whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Consider this a special gift just for you," I murmured.