love can't always save us~ tavis phelps

Sally face au- no clut or supernatural stuff

"Love can't always save you"
Was something the head nun told him when he and Evelyn were still in catholic school. Noah could never shake the feeling that she was right and that love wouldn't save him..... He believed it for many years until he met a certain boy....

Travis Phelps..

A damaged and broken boy who suffered at the hands of his father many years ago. Noah met him on his first day at Nockfell High School where the two had a very unfortunate start in the cafeteria (they both ended up in the medical room). But over time the two grew closer.... Travis opened up about his problems at home, Noah was quite shocked that someone went through something similar and talked about his experience of his home life and the catholic school he went to and the carnage they put him through for being "the devil reincarnated" as he put it.
Travis talked about how he was punished for the smallest things or if his father felt he wasn't happy with Travis. It was the first time since Sal found him in the bathroom. Travis sat and balled his eyes out to another person. Noah sat there and held him the whole time telling him he was gonna be okay and he was going to get him out of that house.

Now the pair were 21 years old and just moved into their new apartment just outside of nockfell where Travis would be safe. As the two placed down the final boxes on the floor Noah turned to Travis, lifted him and spun him around. "We're finally free!" he said grinning from ear to ear. "Hey! Put me down!" Travis laughed, wrapping his arms around and trying to free himself. "Okay! Okay!" Noah giggled as he put Travis down, keeping his hands on Travis' waist. He leaned in and kissed him gently.

After a few months, the two went out and bought paint and decorations for the apartment. Travis was currently painting the living room walls blue whilst Noah was in the kitchen painting the walls cream. As Noah finished up the wall he was doing he walked out of the kitchen and leaned on the doorframe of the living room just watching Travis with a smile on his face. Travis was currently sitting on the floor, paint on his face and his clothes as he continued to paint the bottom of the wall.
Travis turned around and smiled back at Noah. "Hi," he whispered to him as he got up and walked over to him. "Hi.." Noah smirks and he kisses Travis on the head. "You have some paint like... everywhere" he laughed as Travis blushed smirking. He looked down at his hands and then smudged paint onto Noah's nose. Noah smiled and then started laughing as Travis ran and as he chased him.

Noah opened his eyes and sighed looking at the empty apartment, wishing he could go back to that day.... He locked the apartment and handed the keys back to the owner.
"So you're leaving?" She asks.
"I... I can't stay, it hurts too much..." he said with tears in his eyes. "I understand..." she said walking back inside the complex.

Noah walked along the stoney pathway towards Wendigo Lake... a place he hadn't been since his and Travis' first date. "Evie? What... What are you doing here?" He said standing next to her. "I knew you'd come here.... And I know you're struggling...." She said not taking her eyes off the lake....

He looked down feeling guilty. "Why..." was all he said looking at her. "Why him..." "I don't know birdy... I don't know...." She said hugging him. "Love really can't save us..." he whispered.

In the distance by a tree was a grave that read....

Travis Phelps
Beloved boyfriend, son and friend.
??/??/1979 to 23/05/2000

(A/n I'm sorry for the angst I couldn't help it.... Hope you enjoyed it!)