(un)forgotten birthday~larry Johnson x gn!reader

Request on tumblr [my user:writingbirdy]

Today had been quite uneventful, you had recently gotten off work and were looking forward to chilling and watching movies with your boyfriend... Larry Johnson. but as you entered the bedroom you spotted a large lump under the covers of the shared bed. "Larry? you okay sweetheart?" you ask, setting your bag down and taking your shoes off. you slowly walk over when you get no response. "Larry, please tell me what's bothering you..." Once you reach the side of Larry, you carefully remove the covers to find Larry face down on the pillow, lightly crying.
"oh darling..." you reach your hand to his face and slowly stroke his face to give comfort. He slowly turns and gives a sniff and says "Today would have been my dad's birthday..." "Oh Larry come here" he moves over to let you lay in bed with him. you wrap your arms around his waist and pull him close to you. You let him talk about everything he was feeling. He talked about how he felt his mother didn't care he was gone, that took a while of you explaining that Lisa probably dealt with the grief a lot differently than he did as Larry was only a child when he lost his dad. After some time Larry fell asleep in your arms feeling slightly better than that morning
It was currently 7 pm when you last looked at the clock, as you slowly started to fall asleep until Larry woke up jolting you away. "Hey babe.." you say, giving a small tired smile. "Hey," he says, staring into your eyes. You giggle as you lean down and kiss him on the forehead. "I love you so much {y/n}" he said smiling into your neck as you giggled. "I love you too Larry! Now how about we have a bunch of snacks, ice cream and order takeaway while watching movies?" you suggest sitting up in the bed smiling. "Yeah that... that would be nice!" he responds. The two of you rushed out the doors of the bedroom to the kitchen. As Larry grabbed the snacks you made the effort of looking through all the takeaway menus until you found one that both you and Larry love. After a few movies, it was 2 am and the two of you decided to finally go to bed for the night, as you both snuggled into the covers Larry let out a small "thank you" before you both drifted off to sleep.