𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼 [𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕍𝕖𝕟𝕦𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝔸𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕦𝕖]

[Whispers of Mischief]
[Chapter Five]

"You took a special place in our hearts..."

***********************************

The song had finished and everyone's cheers had softened. "That was so lovely," Belle cheered as she gave Ben a kiss on the cheek.

"Would have been nicer if your brother was here as well," Adam pointed out as he looked around at the gathering. "But as always, he's off doing his own thing,"

"Love," Belle turned to her husband, her tone low as she raised her eyebrows at him.

"I'm just saying, dear... He was there to hit Chad for disrespecting a Villian Kid but isn't here for his brother," Beast pointed out.

"He's probably taken a run to the Enchanted Lake or something, normal Y/n behaviour," Ben pointed out as the three of them moved to the arch with the cameraman. "He's been pretty stressed with some school work this past few days," He explained.

"Ah, I see," Adam muttered as he watched the cameraman for a moment before turning to Ben. "What's this I hear about you having a new girlfriend?" He asked as he watched his son.

"Um..." Ben seemed taken aback by his father's sudden line of questioning as he stared at the camera momentarily. "Yeah, about that..."

"Where is she? I would also like to meet this mysterious young lady," Belle said as she smiled at the camera. "I would never say this but I always did think that Audrey was a little self-absorbed," She added.

Ben stood there for a moment as the photographer took a few more shots. "Okay..." He muttered before looking around for a moment. "Mal!" Ben called out to the purple-haired VK, waving her over, Ben didn't need to look at his parents to know that his father was standing there with his mouth hung open while his mother had a confused smile now. "Mal," He called out once more as he walked over to her, meeting her halfway on her path towards them, mouthing something to her, hugging her and then grabbing her hand before turning to face his parents. "This is Mal, from the island,"

"Hi," Belle smiled as she greeted the young girl while Adam gave her an awkward wave.

"I was thinking that maybe she could..."

"Prince Y/n!" A booming voice greeted from behind them, catching the four of their attention, turning to find a familiar face, his h/c hair wild as he came jogging into the venue, casually dressed in a pair of jeans and a white button-up shirt that had the top buttons undone and sleeves folded above his elbows, the shirt seemed to stick to him due to sweat as he slowed down into a walk. "Some of us were wondering if we would get to see you," One of the two older men joked as they started walking next to Y/n.

"Yeah? There's this thing called time and MAN did I lose track of it!" Y/n laughed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Some of us had a betting pool open, most bets were on that happening," Li Shang joked as he slapped Y/n on the shoulder.

"You know me too well," Y/n let out a sigh, his large grin still plastered across his face. "So, how are things at Imperial Academy?" He asked as he looked at Li Shang to his left.

"Ever since we implemented the curriculum you suggested, we have seen massive improvements," Li Shang explained with a smile of his own.

"Of course it did, would I ever steer you wrong?" Y/n asked with a playful tone of hurt as he placed his hand over his chest.

"Of course not," The two men laughed. "We never doubted for a moment," Li Shange said confidently.

"Awesome," Y/n grinned before looking over at the Florian family. "Gentlemen, could we catch up later, I'm afraid my father might not be as forgiving of my tardiness," He laughed as he shrugged his shoulders.