𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ[𝔽𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕖]

[Whispers of Mischief]
[Chapter Seven]

"If only..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things didn't work out how they were supposed to but I guess that is how life works... Sometimes you can give it your all and still lose...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, class is about to start," The teacher muttered as he stood up, eyes falling on the empty seat next to Jay. "Any idea if Mister Y/n plans on..." He was cut off as a tealish-purple cloud flew through the window.

The fog gathered and started taking on a more humanoid figure before a familiar face formed, followed by the rest of Y/n forming while the cloud seeped into his skin. "Made it," He muttered as he looked at the teacher for a moment. "Right?" Y/n questioned as the class snickered.

"Just in time," The older man chuckled as he shook his head. "Take your seat," He motioned for Y/n to go ahead as he turned to his plan for the day.

"Cutting it real close, aren't you?" Evie questioned as Y/n sat in front of her.

"Training was a little longer than planned," Y/n explained as he leaned back in his seat.

"When was the last time you actually walked somewhere?" Jay questioned from next to the young Cheshire.

"I'd say, since the Coronation, so what? A month," Y/n shrugged, earning a chuckle from Jay and Carlos.

"Someone's gotten lazy," A familiar voice said, Y/n looked over to see Mal, writing the work down as she spoke.

"How is it my fault if I can practically teleport anywhere?"

"Could you, I don't know, teleport yourself further away?" Mal finally looked up from her book, glaring at Y/n.

"And miss staring into those beautiful yet extremely judgemental eyes? Nah," Y/n said, his usual grin stretching as he watched Mal roll her eyes.

Y/n felt Jay's knee drive into his own. "King Adam," The teacher's voice reached Y/n's ears moments after Jay tried to get his attention.

"Hello, I was hoping I could steal my son from you for a moment?" Y/n turned to face the front of the class, seeing the large figure of Beast standing, smiling at the teacher for a moment as the old professor nodded quickly. "Y/n, a word, please," Adam spoke as he smiled at Y/n before walking out of the class.

"Good luck," Carlos said as they watched Y/n roll his eyes as he stood up.

Y/n walked out of the class to find Adam standing next to the lockers. "Yes?" Y/n questioned as he walked over to the older man.

"Ben's been trying to get ahold of you, why hasn't he been able to reach you?" Adam asked with his usual stern father tone.

"Well, between finals and training, I haven't had much time to do anything," Y/n explained as he crossed his arms and stared at Beast, his face void of most emotion besides the usual grin. "Wouldn't want to fail so I can't skip studies and Fairy Godmother made it clear, I need to learn more about my abilities and mana usage... You know, being the son of the Cheshire Cat," He pointed out.

"Of course," Adam let out a sigh as he looked around for a moment. "Ben really wants to talk to the whole family about something so your mother and I wanted to ask you to come to the throne room after class?" He asked as he watched Y/n stare off into the distance for a moment.

"Don't think I'll be able to make it," Y/n said after a moment of silence.

"Y/n... You can't still be upset..."