𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞... 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟.

Young little Y/n was living on the streets now after escaping Playtime. Co just a week ago. She had to live in a cardboard box since she had nowhere to go. Plus, she doesn't have anybody to rely on anyway. Y/n had to steal food and drinks from shops just to get something to eat once a week, and had to sleep in a big fridge box; and sometimes if she got lucky, an old couch.

The street where she "lived" on didn't have very nice people. They were always smoking, others were selling meth and cocaine, and the others won't give any spare changed to the homeless. And on top of that, she lived in an alleyway. Y/n wished DogDay was here. He would brighten up the place like he always did with his sunny aura. Y/n just wished she could be like that someday.

But, she lost her sun pendant that DogDay gave her while escaping the factory, so the only thing she has left was her sheep pendant. The only memory of that place and what they were doing to the other kids there...

As she was sitting in her box, trying to cover her knees with her tattered skirt, she heard footsteps coming near her. Y/n tried to hide into the shadows of her box, afraid to see who it was and what they wanted. She saw a pair of black loafers with a gold buckle stop in front of her box. The person suddenly bent down, revealing it to be a woman with a brown hair cut in a pixie style.

She had warm hazel eyes and light sprinkle of freckles going over her nose, and she wore a beige dress with long sleeves. The lady looked young, probably in her 20s. She suddenly spoke:

" Hello, are you alright?" The lady asked softly, making Y/n calm down as the tone of her voice was kind. Y/n nodded, though she wasn't exactly sure if she was in terms of being an orphan and homeless. Y/n thought that this lady was nice and very pretty, but she was still anxious since she was never the best when talking to people she doesn't know.

The woman must've understood her discomfort as she said: " Don't worry, you don't have to be scared of me. I'm not like these thugs that keep coming over here." That sort of comforted Y/n. She slowly crawled to the front of her box and toward the lady, feeling the cold atmosphere of the alley.

" What's your name?" The lady asked softly, crouching down to Y/n's eye level.

" I- I'm Y/n..." She said in a meek voice, her fingers fiddling with each other like she always did when she was nervous. The woman smiled warmly at her and introduced herself.

" Nice to meet you Y/n, I'm Alice." She said as she put her hand out for a handshake. Y/n hesitantly took it and shook Alice's hand before pulling away. " Say, excuse me for asking, but.... are you homeless?" She asks Y/n, giving her a comforting and concerning look. Y/n hasn't seen that look in a long time that some tears came to her eyes as she quickly wipes them away.

Y/n nods her head to Alice's question. Alice looked down for a second as if she was thinking about what to do. In her mind, she couldn't just leave the poor girl out here. Something would happen to her with all these gangsters. Plus, it was getting to the cold season and Y/n would surely freeze to death. But, she didn't want to force her...

So, Alice decided to ask her. " Do you want to stay with me?" Y/n was surprised that she even jumped back, her eyes widening. Y/n, living in a house, with someone to take care of her.... that sounded like absolute heaven to her.

" But, that's only if you want to!!" Alice said, waving her hands in front of her, thinking that Y/n didn't want to live with her. She suddenly felt something wrap around her legs. She looked down to see Y/n hugging her and she saw tears running down her little cheeks. " Yes.... I want to live with you..." Y/n whispered, her voice having a hint of happiness even though it was shaky. Alice smiled and picked her up.

" Then its official!" " What's official?" Y/n asked, cocking her head to side. " Your part of my family now silly!" Alice chuckled warmly at her. Y/n swore she could see her grandma when she laughed, that's how her grandma used to laugh back when she lived with her. Y/n smiled at her and laughed as well.

Alice set her back down on her feet and held her hand softly as they both sat in the bus stop. " I'm going to take you to my house, okay?" Alice said as she turned to Y/n. " Ok... is it far?" " No, it's only 15 minutes away."

After a few minutes the bus arrived and they both got on, and since children sit free in buses Alice didn't have to pay. They sat somewhere in the back row and Y/n could feel the stares of the passengers, and she felt herself feeling anxious. Alice seemed to notice as she patted Y/n's small hand comfortingly and Y/n gave her a small smile in response.

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Y/n and Alice arrived at a average brown house that had a few flowers planted in the front yard. They walked up the steps and Alice takes out her house key, unlocking the door and walking in, though Y/n was hesitant. For some reason, she was both nervous and excited that she would be living with someone, and maybe as a forever home. She took a deep breath and stepped into the house, feeling the soft rug on her feet as Alice closed the door behind her.

" Welcome to your new home Y/n!"

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Was having a bit of writer's block doing this chapter, but im glad its done.