𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐀 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭

Dogday staggers a little as he walks, still trying to get used to his legs. Plus, it was a little hard to concentrate when Y/n's holding his hand to try to help him walk. He sort of felt like an old man relearning how to walk again.

" Angel.... i-is it really necessary to hold my hand? I can still walk-"

" You sure? You haven't walked in 10 years, so who knows! You might fall flat on your face." Y/n insisted on holding his hand, so she let him. Plus, it was also a mini excuse from Y/n because she hasn't felt his hand in a long time. Puppyday was resting his small body on Y/n's shoulder, sleeping and snoring a little. Dogday was watching the mini version of himself carefully, feeling that weird feeling rising up in him again. It wasn't anger, it wasn't sadness, it wasn't worry.

Was it.... jealousy?

 Dogday had never felt bad before, he doubted it. Maybe he was just a little shaken up since the mini critters would always try to eat him. He decided to not think about it and focus on how to get out of here with Y/n. " Where are we headed, angel?" Dogday asks. Y/n opens a door, letting Dogday go first and he thanked her.

" I was hoping that we'd run into Poppy and Kissy somewhere around here. They're usually close by." Y/n said, and she heard the phone ring from her pocket and it woke up Puppyday as he sits up on her shoulder. She takes it out and puts it to her ear. Dogday crouches down next to her to hear.

" Hey Ollie. What's up?" " Hi Y/n! Poppy and Kissy are waiting for you down in the playcare! Also, I see you found Dogday too! Hi Dogday!" Ollie says happily, and Y/n turns the phone towards Dogday so he could hear. " Um.. hi there, kid." Dogday greeted him back, not knowing he this was but didn't want to be rude. " They'll be waiting for you in front of the statue, good luck!" The phone hung up and Dogday stood up again as Y/n put the phone into her pocket.

" Are they a friend of yours?" Dogday asks, watching Puppyday crawl up onto your head and lay there. He was glaring slightly at the little critter. " Well... sort of. Ollie has helped me through some rough times, so I guess he's my buddy." Y/n responded to his question, while also petting the mini critter atop her head. " Aww, that was nice. But, do you know exactly where the playcare is?" Dogday scratches the back of his neck nervously. Even though he wanted to get out of this part of the factory, he remembered all the bad memories of the playcare. All the trauma...

" Dogday? Are you okay?" He snapped out of his thoughts from Y/n's voice, not noticing that he looked a little stressed. " O-oh, I'm fine angel!" Dogday softly squeezed her small hand in his big one as reassurance and he felt her squeeze back. " Don't worry, we'll get to the playcare in no time!" Y/n said with a smile, trying to raise his spirit up. He felt his tail wag a little and his face heat up slightly. Dogday's eyes look gratefully at his dear old friend. " Okay then angel, lead the way."

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Y/n x Dogday- UM I MEAN Y/n and Dogday managed to get to the playcare's main entrance in a few hours. It took many annoying puzzles, a lot of cardio up some stairs, and dead ends.

The place was bigger than Y/n remembered, but it still looked the same to her just with more blood and a horrible stench. Y/n was busy pressing the buttons of each of the smiling critters, smiling softly as they sounded just like she remembered. She finally reached Dogday's, listening to what he sounded like as a kid. ' Dogday says... Fetch!'

" Aha.... this is what I used to sound like. Can you believe it? My voice sounded kind of weird, if you think about it. Let me see if I can replicate that in some way." Dogday clears his throat before speaking, " Dogday says... if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!" His impression sounded really good! Like he was back to his happier, younger self.

" Ha, that felt weird." " No, I liked it! You did very good!" Y/n clapped her hands and Puppyday barked happily on top off her head, his tiny tail wagging his whole body. " Your too kind, angel~." Dogday bowed with a soft chuckle, feeling his tail wag as well. " Now, shouldn't Kissy and Poppy be here? Your friend on the phone said they'd in front of the statue." 

Y/n looks around for a moment before turning back to him. " Yeah, they should be here- ah!" Dogday suddenly grabbed Y/n up by the waist and put her up on her shoulders, holding her thighs so she doesn't fall. Y/n feels her cheeks heat up as her right hand holds onto Dogday's while the other is firmly grasping Puppyday so he doesn't fall. 

" Do you see anything up there?" " Hmm... not yet." Y/n examines the room and sees' something that looks like a pink fluffy horn. It was Kissy! " Kissy!!" Y/n calls her over there with a bright smile on her lips. The pink monster slowly looked over and waved her yellow mitten in the air. She lumbered over to them with a relieved Poppy on her shoulder. The two were shocked to see Dogday with her, not noticing Puppyday who was excited to see new friends coming over. Dogday held Y/n by the waist again and set her down, embracing Kissy in a warm hug. " Hey kid, long time no see! Are you doing okay?" They both pulled away and Kissy nodded at his question.

The pink knelt down and opened her long arms to the woman, giving Y/n a very much needed hug. Y/n hugs her back softly, patting her head to reassure Kissy. " I missed you and Poppy too, Kissy." Puppyday hops on Kissy's left shoulder; sort of startling her but quickly petting them softly as Puppyday barking excitedly. Poppy climbed onto Y/n's shoulder and hugs her head with her small arms. " We were so worried about you! Don't ever do that again!" Y/n pulls away from Kissy's embrace with Poppy and Puppyday still on her shoulder. " Who's this little guy?" Poppy asks, pointing at small critter.

" Oh, this little guy? This is Puppyday! And the reason I got a little side tracked was saving this big guy." Y/n explained and patted Dogday's arm, which was surprisingly warm... and strong. " I think we should rest here. Regain our energy for tomorrow." Dogday suggests, seeing that almost everybody looks exhausted. Kissy nodded and picked up Poppy, putting her on her shoulder and sitting in a corner.

Y/n felt her palm sting, looking down at the long cut nervously. She gently touched along it, seething and clenching her teeth. " Ow..." Dogday saw how she was hurting and sat down next to her, holding his hand out to her. " May I see it?" Y/n put the back of her hand on his warm large palm, grazing his finger over the scratch softly. " That looks sore, you really shouldn't have done that you could've gotten infected." Dogday wasn't upset, he was just concerned and protective of her. " Heh, yeah I know it was stupid." Y/n said, flinching slightly as she felt her shoulder make contact with Dogday's.

Y/n yawned and rubbed her eyes with her free hand. Dogday could see that her eyes appeared to be bloodshot and had bags under eyes. Dogday's free hand moved up to Y/n's face, rubbing her cheek softly. He didn't realize that he was very close to her face, and she could smell the faint scent of vanilla from him. " You need to rest, angel.." Dogday muttered, his voice trailing off a little as he felt her slightly dirty yet soft skin on his hand.

" And I need food." Y/n said and yawn again before resting her head on his shoulder. Dogday wraps his arm around your shoulder reassuringly. " Get some rest angel, I'll watch over you." He wanted to keep her safe, both of them knowing the dangers inside this factory in the playcare. Puppyday waddled over and curled himself up in Y/n's lap and she raised her hand to pet his head.

" Stay here, angel. I'll be right back." Dogday stood up and went into Home Sweet Home, not coming back out for a few minutes until returning with a bundle of blankets, pillows, and duvets in his arms. " I have a surprise for you angel." " Ah! You're the best Dogday!" Y/n gave him a big hug, making him feel flustered and stutter over his words before finally hugging her back. Dogday then handed Y/n a bottle of water and some dried that looked as if they've been stuck since 100 BC, but Y/n didn't give a damn.

She happily ate her fruit, trying not to devour them all at once and wanted to save it for later. She drank a little of her water, exhaling in pure ecstasy and setting it down. Y/n helped Dogday with the makeshift bed, almost immediately laying down on it after it was done. " Ah... this is nice.." Y/n mumbled before quickly falling asleep, Puppyday laying near her head as Dogday the duvet over her body. He laid next to her, not to close but close enough.

" Rest well, angel. Good night.."