𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
ᴬᵖʳⁱˡ ⁵, ²⁰⁰⁵
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

19 year old Y/n was sitting on the sofa watching TV as she pets her dog, Poppy, who was laying on her lap. She was a pretty old dog that her golden fur was slowly turning white; but she was still as energetic as ever. Poppy nuzzled her nose against Y/n's hand, with her chuckling warmly in response.

" Your such a pretty girl..." Y/n cooed at the cocker spaniel and Poppy leaned into Y/n's touch more. Poppy was Y/n's only companion ever since she came to live with Alice, her mom. Poppy was just a little puppy when they first met, a very energetic one as all puppies were. 

(This is your baby :3)

Y/n switched through the channels of the TV, going through cartoons, commercials, movies, until she stopped at the news where a lady was talking about the old factory of Playtime. Co. Y/n hasn't heard that name is ages. She listened intently to what the lady was talking about.

" 10 years ago, the well renowned and loved toy factory that was popular in the 90s, formally known as Playtime. Co, was shut down. There were no explanations or witness as to why they did, but in this old clip we found in one of our files, we get to see the reaction of what the citizens thought 10 years ago."

" It was so sudden! I've always loved their toys!"

" I don't know what to say, I know they couldn't have gone bankrupt they had too much money."

" I've grown up with all their toys so it's kind of sad to see them shut down."

Y/n already knew why, she was the one that almost got experimented on. Maybe they figured out that people and kids were getting experimented on? But, they did just say that they didn't have an explanation of what happened. Y/n was getting a bad feeling about this now, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. She turned to Poppy and petted her soft head.

" Something doesn't feel right.... do you think you know what happened, Poppy?" Y/n asked her dog as she played with her ears. Poppy responded with a gruff bark, as if saying no. Y/n heard her mom's footsteps coming to the living room, holding a cup of hot chocolate in her hands as her attention was on the TV. 

" Aren't they talking about that old kids factory from the 90s?" " Yep, apparently it shut down 10 years ago." Y/n's mom, Alice, sips her beverage as she keeps her eyes on the TV. " Well that's confusing. They were doing just fine." Her mom then went to the kitchen and put her mug on the counter as she continues.

" Hey, didn't you used to always watch one of their shows?" " Yeah, the Smiling Critters.." Y/n got a huge wave of nostalgia as she remembered, her eyes getting cloudy from the memories. When she was younger, she would watch the show nonstop ever since it came out. It was her happy place and her break away from the stress of life. Even when she escaped that horrible factory all those years ago, she still watched it.

" Y/n? Sweety, are you okay?" Y/n snapped out of her thoughts as she heard her mom. " Oh, I- I'm fine. Was just remembering a few things..." She said as her voice trailed off a little as she looked back at the TV, getting an unusual feeling, like something bad had happened. Y/n shook it off, not wanting to think about it too much or else she'll get a headache.

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Y/n woke up with a jolt in her bed. She just had a horrible nightmare. It was about the factory, the Smiling Critters as they were being brutally murdered.... and Dogday hanging by the arms. Y/n tried to breathe deeply as she wiped the sweat off her forehead. " Why did I have this... nightmare?" Y/n asks herself. She had a feeling that this was going so much deeper than it should have. The girl sighs and gets up from her bed and tries to navigate in the dark from her bedroom to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Once she got to the kitchen without almost tripping over a few things, she grabbed a cup from the cabinet and turned the sink on; running it for a bit before filling her cup up and drinking it. Y/n took a deep breath once she was done with the water, turning the sink off and leaned on the counter.

" Oh Y/n... what is happening with you?" She talked to herself whilst rubbing her temple, feeling a headache coming on. Her nightmare was very detailed and felt almost too real, she felt like it was telling her something.... something important. The more Y/n thought about it, the more her headache got worse.

That was, until she finally realized what she needed to do. Y/n had a determined look on her face now, walking back to her bedroom and quietly putting some clothes on. She felt like she had to go NOW. After getting her shoes on, she plucked her satchel from the hook off her wall and slung it on the left side of her shoulder. As she tiptoed to the front door about to open it, she stopped. Y/n just could leave her mother here not knowing where her daughter was! That would be torture for her.

Y/n turned around and jumped to see her mom behind her, holding Poppy in her hands. She had her eyebrow raised and looked at Y/n expectantly. " Um... I was just going to the store?" Even though Y/n knew she was caught, she had to think of something. Her mom just sighed and looked at her.

" I know what your doing. If it's this important, then I won't stop you." Her mom smiled softly as she held Poppy in her arms, the dog groaning before resting her snout back on her shoulder. Y/n smiled back and hugged her softly. " Thanks, Mom." She pulled away and gently stroked Poppy's head, kissing her on top of her head. " Goodbye Poppy..." Y/n opened the door until she felt her mom tap her shoulder.

" You forgot these." She jangled the car keys in front of her and put in Y/n's hand. " Oh, right. Thanks." She gave her one last hug before walking out the door and closing it. She took long strides to the car, contemplating what she was about to do. Y/n had to go back to the factory, to find something or someone, and she doesn't even know why.

As she opens the car door and starts it, she looks back at her house one last time. Y/n knows she's going to be gone for a while, maybe even longer. But she won't go back until she finds what that something is in the factory.

Y/n drives off, following the GPS system to the Playtime. Co.

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Y/n arrives at the old rundown and dirty, yet still colorful, Playtime factory. As Y/n stands in front of the entrance, she sighs. Y/n feels like this is gonna be a whole thing.

" Hello old factory, let's find out what happened to ya.."