✷ Uns (Attachment)

"I won't go!" Inara declared glaring at her husband, who was acting so unlike his title

"I won't go!" Inara declared glaring at her husband, who was acting so unlike his title. Taking the job of her parent's messenger and advocate, he frowned with dissatisfaction.

"It is only a dinner." Rahil's reasons were as illogical as his face.

"With Iram?" She dropped her curve with an icy snort. "No, thank you!"

"She is your sister." As if she could change that fact.

"All the more reason for me to say no." She dumped the dried clothes on their bed. Sitting crossed legs, she started folding them making different piles for each of them.

It was a weekend, her weekend to be exact. After the inconsistent strike conditions with the transport drivers, this was the first free day she had for herself to complete all her pending tasks. It had been ten days that Rahil had been dropping her to and fro from the office, making each ride invoke feelings she should have locked in the back of her mind.

If not just that, this man was a wanderer by soul.

Ghummakar! To be exact.

Each day that Afreen had been at Irfan's place, her sister's house to be clear. He had taken her on drives around the city, his excuse was that it was Afreen's instructions.

Oh, Inara knew better.

What he needed was a companion to go and explore places that Mr. Lazy wouldn't have opted for if alone. Now that she sat behind him, he drove around and introduced her to the best food places, malls, markets, and local attractions, and if not them, he would trick her into spending time sitting on a park bench watching the sunset.

That sunset cost her an hour more at the office yesterday to complete the weekly working hour target.

"Your parents would be upset if you refused the invite, Inara. This way you will be able to see your parents too."

"I am not going and if you keep torturing me, I don't know about my parents but your parent will be upset." She shot him a look promising repercussion. "I will call Ammi and tell her that her son wants me out of his hair for the night."

"That sounds really believable." He taunted removing his glasses, he sighed. "Tell me a good enough reason why and I will stop pestering you."

"I have plenty." She threw his trousers for him to catch the article. "First, she is my twin and I don't want to see her. Next," she threw his white shirt "I am not going to Qadri's place." Another shirt "Third, this is my weekend and I have movies to complete." She looked around searching for more of his clothes from the pile "And last is..."

"Keep going." He scowled as another of his clothes landed on his laptop.

Inara gulped averting her eyes. "You are not coming with me. I will be bored there."

"Inara" His voice softened, passing his neatly folded clothes to her and holding her palm in his "Your parents will be there."

"May be there." Inara corrected him "Ammi said she is not sure."