Fanaa (Fade)

Her breath hitched

Her breath hitched. Palm coming up to cup any voice she may make. The line was no longer connected yet the apprehension to be caught prickled her senses pushing her into flight. She may never forgive her sister, but letting another person inflict pain on her was unacceptable to her. She was her sibling, her to hate, hurt, or love.

A man like that scumbag cannot hurt her.

Inara took a demanding breath, scooped her bag, and ran towards the exit.

She knew where to go, whom to kill, and a million ways to do a good job.

The only catch, she had to reach there before major damage was caused.

Iram may have offended her, hurt her heart but that baby in her womb was innocent. It didn't deserve it.

Neither Iram did.

She rushed past the security hardly checking out, that was a concern for another day as she flagged an auto rickshaw, luckily it was empty and willing to drive her.

Thrusting the address to him that she had received once months back, she called the first person she was supposed to.

"Hey" Came a greeting and her insides seemed to recognize his presence. "I will leave office in 10. Are you done?"

"Rahil." She said his name as if that would calm her and make her inform him.

"Inara" He was worried at once. "What's wrong?"

"Iram." She mumbled the word as if ashamed of her care for her. She had done wrong to them both yet here she was ready to catch her when she seemed to fall. "Something is happening. She is not good."

How was she to explain the breaking of her sister on call? She was jumpy and scared to her core. Begging for help.

"What do you mean?" He asked tonelessly.

"She needs help, Rahil. I heard that man hitting her. She begged me to save her child." Confessing to her husband never came hardly. "She said she was hiding and calling me. Those people are doing something to her. That they will kill her. I-I don't know. I am going to her."

"Inara, calm down."

"She was begging me to take her away from there. I don't understand but it didn't sound good. She is with a baby, Rahil. I fear their safety." Clenching her fist, she rasped into the phone all that she could manage. "It could be nothing but she is too proud to call me without. She has been trying for a few times. There were missed calls I didn't receive. He slapped her. I heard him curse her..."

"Listen to me, Ini." He cut her ramblings. "Tell me where are you."

She glanced at her surroundings and averted her eyes feeling the driver's alarmed gaze on her. "In an auto. I am going to her place."

"Okay. Reach there but don't go in without me. I will be there as soon as I can." He stated with finality.

But what if the harm was done? What if she was late?