✷ Silvate (Wrinkles)

"Kaha gya ye?" Inara wondered frustratedly, breaking the organized room into a fit of desperate searching

"Kaha gya ye?" Inara wondered frustratedly, breaking the organized room into a fit of desperate searching. She was ready to throw things around in a dump at this rate, thanks to her outfit for the day preventing her from going all hulk on their belongings and only surfing through them vehemently.

"Inara, yaar! We are getting late."

How so wished to kill this human reminder with her bare hands?

Rahil was ready, up and about in his good-looking Kurta set. She swears never forcing him into purchasing anything blue again. The powder blue sherwani with gold thread work intricately designed all over it made it hard for her to focus. While she was wrestling her way through what this man manipulated her into, he looked dapper as always in walking around with his sleeves pushed to his forearm and nothing but a watch in hand. This man literally had pushed his hair back, trimmed his beard, added some moisturizer, and a little fragrance on himself. While he looked no less than a movie star, she had to take another hour just to manage her hair and makeup.

Life was so unfair.

"I told you to keep the envelope safe. It is your mistake I can't find it now." Life was too short for her to blame herself, but Rahil could handle and take most of it.

"Me? I haven't seen what that thing looks like." He was rolling his eyes behind the door. She could challenge any force in the world at this rate.

"Usme surkhaab ke par nahi lagein the jo aapko dekhna tha." She snorted going through his desk for the third time in a row. "How are we supposed to go to their wedding without a wedding gift, Rahil?"

"We can give it later." His suggestion was so illogical.

"And when do you suggest, Mr. Sohail?"

"Reception tomorrow." He answered with a duh. Oh, she will tell him duh.

"No, I want to give it today." She was acting like a child; well, he could manage one. He was an adult, wasn't he?

"Fine." She loved the way he always gave up on her demands. He may glare at her for a long minute but would let her do anything in the world.

Like the day she was getting free from that forsaken plaster. He had chided her for a good 10 minutes for demanding to go to an Amusement Park which was later changed to Fun Park but nonetheless, she had enjoyed her day jumping around, throwing sponge cubes around, and laughing in hysterics with him sighing at her antics.

She had gotten freedom from that plaster and would be moving to the office the next day; she deserved a break and fun. Her argument had made a lot of sense to her, she wondered why he looked so puzzled. Wasn't it normal for people to enjoy once given a clean chit for their health?

"Open this door. I will help you search for it. This way we would reach the courthouse before they leave from there." He had started exaggerating things. Was her jesting rubbing off on him?