✷ Dillagi (Togetherness)

The door shut behind them and she rushed inside their room

The door shut behind them and she rushed inside their room. Hurrying and throwing her shawl away, followed by her earrings and bangles unbothered of them flying around in the room. There was a mix of anger, pain, humiliation, and betrayal she felt. But more so, she was lied to face by the very people she had trusted.

Clutching her eyes shut, she felt him enter behind her. She could imagine him picking up her jewelry and shawl while she sat facing the other side.

He wordlessly placed the accessories in their place and her shawl folded neatly near her. Oh, how she wanted him to say a word so she could burst out and demand an explanation?

But seems the man knew what she wanted, more than her as he sneaked inside the washroom, no sound around the room as she heard the taps working. Within minutes, he was out and forwarding her nightwear to hers, tilting his head towards the door.

She had maintained her tight-lip silence the entire ride, somehow he knew she needed time to calm down but what he had mistaken was expecting her to calm down. Oh, no. With each passing second, she had turned into an erupting volcano that could burn the entire city with its heat.

If not city, she could roast this man alive for lying to her.

"Why did you lie to me?" She snatched the clothes and threw them on the bed.

"I am sorry for lying." His eyes moved behind her and back with a grimace but the understanding for her was what knocked her out in guts. "I shouldn't have but thought it would do you no good."

"Good?" She sneered "When and how did lying was justified with it doing good or not? Did you think you would save humanity by lying to me? Or was it a secret between you and my mother? Did she tell you not to tell me?"

He averted his eyes being guilty.

"Oh Allah!" She cupped her face falling back. "Ammi told you to lie to me. How could she?"

She scuffled around to pick up her phone when he dodged her attempts and held it out of his reach.

"No, Inara. You won't."

"Give it to me. I need answers." She claimed jumping to get the damn device out of his hold. "How could she ask my husband to lie? She cannot ask people to act on her whim and commands."

"You won't." He held her struggling form back while his thump pressed on her lock button, switching the phone and throwing it away.

"Rahil!"

"You are too angry to think rationally." He reasoned holding her shaking form, she was seething. "There has been enough drama for the day, Ini. There is no need to cook up more."

"Leave me." Her jaw was painfully tight, molars grinding against each other, and nails digging in her palm as she was made to sit back.

"Look, please. Calm down." He requested her but she shook his hold from her shoulders, only for him to hold her back. "You will sabotage your health at this rate, Ini. Please."