5◆

________________________________________

Act
________________________________________

What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

♱Matthew 16:26, Bible

________________________________________

♥︎Dark Beach- Pastel Ghost

Dazai leaned along the wall, deep in thought, clutching his chin. Dark eyes focused on the wooden panels.
Kunikida stood with his arms crossed, still analyzing the answers of the girl sitting in the room as walked down the hall. There was a moment of silence.

'What do you think?' Dazai finally asked, raising his eyebrow slightly as lowered hand loosely.
Kunikida narrowed eyebrows, looking towards the corridor once more. Just like he wanted to read movement through the walls.

'We didn't find out anything. She's making it very difficult,' said, as if irritated, rubbed eyes tiredly.
'There's nothing we can do for now anyway. We need to ask the boss and maybe the rest of the agency'
He turned around, suddenly being stopped by Dazai's hand on his shoulder. He turned head to the side.
'What?'

'Just because she's a kid doesn't mean she's innocent' Dazai hit the words. His friends' thoughts were focused on this. Kid. She isn't more than fifteen, does not look. Would she really be capable of achievements something terrible of her own free will? Or maybe it's just a soul led by the devil?
They had no proof that she was guilty, but they also had no proof that she was innocent. Although somewhere in the former teacher's mind, it was telling him... Get away from her. Her eyesight, speech. Kunikida really wanted to strongly believe in this kid's at least partial goodness.
Dazai, seeing this, felt the need to keep an eye on his friend. He wasn't sure himself, but his guesses rarely misled him. Looking into the empty eyes, he knew. That's all what is needed.

'I know' Kunikida push Dazai's hand away.
'But something doesn't feel right to me'

Dazai raised an eyebrow.

'She doesn't seem to be that hostile. Even manages to 'cooperate'... maybe she feels relieved to have escaped from this nightmare?' Kunikida didn't know if it was a good idea to jump to conclusions so quickly. Which was probably a huge mistake blinded by a strange sense of compassion.

I don't need a human face

I disgusted everything that is human

Dazai sighed.
'Well...if you say so~' it sounded like a taunt. The man frowned.

'What do you mean?'

'She may just be too arrogant to show fear at all, or may have water instead of brain.' Dazai shrugged. Kunikida clearly didn't like this comment. He ignored it, wanting to move on. The child's behavior was disturbing, very disturbing, but they had to notify the boss and get information from her. At the same time, deal with the crimes of this city, with a new enemy in mind. Kunikida takes out his notebook, starting to quickly move pen across the paper. A shiver of anxiety grip movements, introducing a certain rashness. He started writing down the most important information he could remember at the moment, then trying to put it together.

'They brainwashed her?' He asked.

'It could have been; although, I'm surprised by her calmness after ruined the mission.'

'Maybe she wanted to get caught?'
Dazai thought about it for a moment. He tilted his head to the side, acting very thoughtful.
'Hmm...hard to say.'