inspirations★

This chapter is not really necessarily useful in general plot, but for those curious about the origins of this product of my abnormal mind, feel Welcome read it.

[I'm bad at explain]

So maybe we'll start with Viera.

The name Viera, precisely Wiera[sometimes Wera], is a Latin baptismal name literally meaning faith [faith in God] [Latin: fides]. In Russian it means exactly the same [Вера]. It is a female name.
I found this by accident somewhere on Wikipedia while looking for random things for, god knows what.
I was interested because I found the name Viera under the surname Dostoevska. However, at the beginning I thought that this person might have some connection with This Fyodor, now I think that it is just a person with the same surname without any connections. Thers has no information about it.
Viera was also inspired by the fallen angel Waul. Also known by the names Vual, Uwall, Uvall, Wowal, Voval, Wal, Wall and Vreal.

I don't say she has an ability. Maybe so, maybe not. But all I can say, is she was slightly inspired by Fyodor Dostoyevsky's book 'Demons' in the original 'Бесы'.
And I didn't read this book, but I read more opinions and descriptions, so I pulled something from that for inspiration.

So as you can already see, Viera is not inspired by the author or any character from the book.

However, I would attribute her to the ink. And I know how strange it sounds. Ink. But what I mean is that Fyodor Dostoevsky wrote his works with feather [pen] and ink, or more precisely, he created art on paper with ink. And you can then read his masterfull pieces on paper.

[I hope you get what I mean]

The pen, of course, is Nikolai's at this point. He doesn't control him, in a general sense, but he uses him to create Viera's character as his next masterpiece. And yes, the girl "wrote her herself" to a certain point, but "Viera" is still Fyodor's work.

-And ink.

'At that moment, black fluid began to seep from within, coloring the mask, allowing the actress to use the liquid to paint a smile. A murmur of admiration passed through the hall; the mask now seemed more human.'

Liquid Smooth-Mitski-

One more thing.

There are four characters mentioned in the prologue. Two obvious and two... a bit confusing.

The mask is obviously Viera.

The Fool to Nikolai Gogol.

You can easily guess these two, but there are two more characters left. And at this point everyone can have their own loose interpretation.

The Devil

The Demon

Of course, it's about Fyodor and Dazai.
However, both of them are called 'Demons' right?

Demon Fyodor, Demon Prodigy.

However, in this case, The Devil should be Fyodor, as he was the first one to teach her to 'dance'.

The Demon- Dazai who destroyed the balance of everything, allowing her to dance as she wanted.

◆Vual - in the occult tradition, the forty-seventh spirit of Goetia.
◆Goetia (from Greek goeteia - translated as how) - a magical system based on summoning spirits and demons to the real world to serve the purposes of the summoning magician (goeta). According to the occult tradition, the roots of Goetia come from the biblical King Solomon, to whom God gave the power to summon and control demons.

On thing ☦︎ ♱

As you remember, Viera has a necklace cross on her. And I specifically pointed out that it is a Protestant cross, not an Orthodox or Catholic one. Viera is, you could say, a Christian, but she does not believe in God of her own free will, she learns this from Fyodor. But what do I mean is..

Each cross has a separate meaning. Orthodox and Catholic usually have the likeness of Christ on them. For this faction of faith, this means resurrection. [The Orthodox cross has eight corners.]
But the Protestant cross is considered only a symbol of suffering [in simplification]. It also does not have an image of Jesus on it and has, you could call it, more decorative ends.

Viera is not much of a believer, more so because of Fyodor's teachings. She also has every cross because she does not accept one faction and is simply a Christian.

Sorry it's so long but one more thing.

Even if we say Viera is official member of Decay of Angles. She's the six, so.

Original five looks like V

But if we add vera is VI
Simply, Viera is rather alone and not part of a grup even so.
However I don't think Fyodor, Fukichi put a child as a member.

●Prosopagnosia is the inability to recognize faces, even of people close to you or those you have seen many times. A person with prosopagnosia does not recognize a person's identity when seeing their face.
[And here's a little curiosity about Viea's words about human faces. Of course she don't suffer from this disease, but it's an interesting phenomenon.]