A Phone Call

~3rd Person POV~

After a talk with Ms. Norbury, Cady angrily stomped back and forth in Reign's room. Reign was lying down on his bed, doing hand weights while eating another Kaleen bar with (Y/n) beside him, laying her head on his stomach.

"I hate her! I mean she's totally failing me on purpose because I didn't join those stupid Mathletes. She was so weird. She was like 'I'm a pusher, Cady, I push people.'" Reign laughed as he used his arm weight. "What does that even mean?"

"She's just mad for no reason." (Y/n) laughed.

"Like a drug pusher?" Gretchen question. Cady shrugged. "Probably! She said she worked three jobs. You know, I bet she sells drugs on the side to pay for her pathetic divorce." Gretchen reached over and grabbed the Burn Book. "You let it out, honey. Put it in the book." Cady sighed and sat beside Gretchen, flipping to a new page and writing down what she said about Ms. Norbury.

----

On the phone with Reign, Cady sat on her bed while Reign was eating donuts. "Gretchen thinks you're mad at her because she's running for Spring Fling Queen." Reign quickly swallowed his donut. "Oh my god, no. I'm not mad at her, I'm worried for her. I think someone nominated her as a joke or something. And when nobody votes for her, she's gonna have a total meltdown. And who's gonna have to take care of her? Me." He ranted, taking another bite of his food.

"So you don't think anyone will vote for her?" Cady asked. Reign sighed. "Cady, she's not pretty. I mean, that sounds bad, but whatever. The Spring Fling Queen is supposed to be pretty, like (Y/n). And the crazy thing is that it should have been Karen, but people forget about her because she's such a slut." He sighed. "Anyways, I gotta go. I'm going to bed." He hung up the phone. 

Cady connected to Gretchen and sighed. "Well, he's not mad at you." Gretchen was silent for a moment. "Hold on." As Cady tried to talk, Gretchen quickly shushed her and dialed Karen. "Hello?"

"If someone said something bad about you, you'd want me to tell you, right?" The blonde was silent. "...No." "What if it was someone you thought was your friend?" Karen sighed. "What are you--" Her phone beeped to let her know someone was calling her. "Hold on."

"Hello?"

"Let's go out." (Y/n)'s voice said from the other line. 

"Okay, hold on. I'm on the other line with Gretchen." 

"Don't invite Gretchen, she's driving Reg and me nuts." 

Karen made a sound. "Hold on."

"Hurry up."

Karen pressed a button, switching back to Gretchen. "It's (Y/n). She and Reign want to hang out with me but she said not to tell you." 

"Do not hang out with them." Gretchen quickly said.

"Why?" Karen asked.

"You don't want me to tell you." 

The blonde huffed. "You can tell me, hold on." She clicked a button and groaned. "Oh my god, she is so annoying."

"Who is?" Gretchen asked. Karen didn't switch to (Y/n).

"Who is this?"

"Gretchen.."

"Right. Hold on."

She went to (Y/n) and groaned. "Oh my god, she is so annoying." (Y/n) huffed. "I know, just get rid of her." Karen went back to Gretchen. "Okay, what is it?"

"Reign said everyone hates you because you're such a slut."

Karen's smile faded. "He said that?..."

"You didn't hear it from me," Gretchen replied. 

Karen went to (Y/n) and her voice became husky. "I can't go out." She faked a cough. "I'm sick."

(Y/n) heard right through Karen's lie, making her face scrunch up. "Boo, you whore." She hung up the phone, leaving the blonde in disbelief.