Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat

Previously....

'I feel much better now...'

Deon tried lifting up and stretching his arm and saw that nothing was wrong with it. Though unbeknownst to him, Cruel had healed him during the time Deon passed out with the power of the God of Death.

***

Deon waved his arms up and down while Cruel sat in place. They were currently in their tents after being founded by the knights Elpidius had sent to find them.

A while ago when the knights finally found them Cruel made an excuse saying he was just resting here because of the rain.

Somehow, the knights believed him. Well to them, Cruel was a trustworthy person who wouldn't lie, too bad that he was the total opposite of that and completely lied about his whole persona.

'I wonder who will win this time.'

It for sure couldn't be him since he didn't kill a single monster this time, well if assassins counted as animals then sure.

"Captainnn! It's time to go."

Cletter opened the curtains to the tent Deon was in, he expected only Deon to be there but to his surprise Cruel was also in the room. Though he didn't understand why, it wasn't his business to begin with. As long as Deon didn't mind then it was all okay.

"Great, I have to move again. Can't I just not go?"

"Pardon?! His majesty will be there..."

"So I'm obligated to go then..."

"Everyone here is."

Deon sighed as he got out of bed, he was tired of having to move around. He just wanted to lay in his bed and sleep, he also didn't want to meet that son of a bitch of the collateral family.

He walked out and immediately met with the man who proclaimed himself as the true Count Hardt. Deon sighed as he walked right pass the man, he didn't want to interact with him at all.

However, he didn't notice Cruel giving a glare to the noble who backed off immediately.

Cruel looked at the noble who took off Deon's hood. Had Deon not pulled it back on right away, he would've been in a grave situation and everyone there would have found out about his weakness which was the sunlight.

He grabbed the count's shoulder and dragged him off a desolate place.

Once Cruel reached somewhere far enough where no one could hear or see what he could do, he threw the count on to the ground. The count backed away as soon as he was met with Cruel's cold look.

"W-what d-do you want from me?!"

"Let's have a talk. A talk about my brother."

The count backed away even further until he hit a tree. Cruel walked towards the count aimed a sword right in between the count's legs, just a few centimeters away from the poor count's manhood.

(That sounds very scary-)

"I'll make this quick. If you even think about doing anything to my brother, whether it is harming him or something else. I'll make sure to make your life miserable."

"Hik- I promise! I won't do anything to Deon Hardt!"

"Good."

Suddenly a black circle appeared beneath them, it shined brightly. Unlucky for the count, nobody saw it due to the distance between the two locations as well as the lights that surrounded the place where the nobles were.

"If you don't keep your promise, you'll die immediately. No one, not even physicians or shamans will be able to find out the cause of your death."

It was a truthful threat, what Cruel did just now was a vow of death. If the other side of the party didn't keep up their promise then they'd die immediately and nobody would understand how or why, except the priests of death that usually stay confined in the temple.