Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out

There will be character spoilers for the sequel of INTKOT: The Immortals Guardian Spirit.

Previously...

She definitely has learned a lot and got even stronger from just observing her mother engage in a fight.

***

"Mama, what's that?"

"That's a candy apple, it's an apple covered in sweet syrup."

"I want to try it!"

Hana pointed to the candy apple stall as Deon walked over to grab a stick for Hana. He was currently disguised, instead of white hair, it was now black. His eyes which were originally red were now disguised as brown. He would have done reddish brown like Kim Rok Soo and Cale's eyes, but that was too risky.

The two walked around the city, free of watchful eyes and assassins after them.

While in the city, Deon would buy whatever it was that Hana looked at or even show interest for a split second. He was so focused on wasting money (from the Emperor) that he didn't even notice someone tailing him.

Ring!

Deon opened the door to a jewelry store, he realized he never specifically bought Hana anything so he took his time to bring Hana out to buy things for her.

"Oh, welcome miss. Are you here to buy jewelry for you and your child?"

'Miss?'

"Just for her."

"I see, please wait."

The worker left and returned a few minutes later with a few boxes with a variety of jewelry, from bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and rings. The gems varied from topaz's, rubies, and lastly diamonds and pearls, though the designs were tailored to be fit for children rather than adults.

Deon picked up a cup of sweet tea as Hana looked at the jewelry in amazement.

"Are these for me?"

"If you want all of them, I'll get all of them for you. I'm rich."

Man, it felt good saying that. When was the last time he used this much money and was actually rich? After that incident, most of his belongings and money were taken away as a means of 'punishment', and then came his freedom being whisked away.

Deon looked at Hana who showed each of the jewelry she was wearing. First were the ruby earrings, they were small and looked like the ring he wore to hide the cracks on his body. He was still wearing it, but it no longer had an effect on him as the issue was now resolved.

"What about these?"

"Hmm... Let's just get them all."

Deon picked up the catalog where each of the pieces of jewelry were labeled, he checked off each of the stuff that Hana wore and picked up before handing them to a worker who had just entered the room.

It was the best when you could spend as much money as you wanted to without limits, it was a dream lifestyle. He picked up the boxes of jewelry and placed them in a bag before heading towards the café for a break.

"What do you want on this menu?"

"..I want this one!"

Hana looked through the menu before pointing at a strawberry cake. Deon then called over a waitress and ordered the food that Hana wanted, so far his day was going well. No one to try and kidnap him, kill him, or even be a creep in general like the Second Prince.