20)Short story-When your son thinks his dad abandoned him

When your son thinks his dad abandoned him// him as your son's dad.

I came back home in a hurry as my son's nanny called me and informed that he is neither eating anything nor listening to her.

"What's wrong baby.." I picked him in my arms, "why are you crying huh??" His eyes and face were all red because of crying so much. My baby, he is only 4 years old.
I asked his nanny to leave

"Mumma dad hates me right?" he said sobbing against my chest. My heart skipped a beat to his statement.
"Baby what made you think like that" I patted his back to calm him down.
"No mumma..I know dad hates me that's why he's not here. He hates me" he cried out loud ripping my heart.

"Don't cry taeyan, mumma loves you..." My throat was hurting as I was trying my best to hold my tears back.
"Did anyone said anything?" I asked thinking maybe kids of school bullied him for not having a dad, because he usually doesn't cry like this, yeah sometimes he asks where his dad is, why he's not with us but this is the first time he's crying like that..my poor baby.

"Taeyan..?"
"Today everyone's dad came to school, they were playing football together. I was standing there alone.." I wiped my tears which somehow managed to excape my eyes.
"Dad abandoned me"his voice was holding pain..so much pain. I hugged him tight, close to my chest.
"Baby don't think like that..he didn't abandon you" I was on my verge to burst into tears..but I shallowed my feelings as I can't fall weak before him.

"Then why don't he come to meet me mumma.." he was still crying
"Baby..dad will come" I gave him a lie hope knowing very well his dad is never gonna come.

"When mumma..?" He looked at me with his sowllen eyes
"Soon baby.." I kissed his forehead, he's still too young to know the truth to why his dad isn't with him... maybe some day when he'll be mature enough I will let him know about his dad.

"Can you ask him to come early please, I want to play with him like the other kids"
I wiped his tears, kissed his whole face

"Sure and always remember mumma loves you..mumma loves you more than her life, you're important to mumma. Mumma will abandon the whole world but not you.. whenever you need mumma will be there for you" I kissed his whole face, he's the only reason I'm living, seeing him hurt breaks my heart.

"I love you too mumma"
"Now be a good boy, have your meal then go to bed. Your nanny told me you haven't had anything yet"

He nodded at me. I fed him then put him to sleep. Finally I gave permission to my tears to flow..my heart was ripping out. I wanted to scream and let out all the pain inside me.

He is suffering because of me, no matter how much I try he always crave for his father's love.. I couldn't be a good mother.

Flashback//

5 years ago

"I can't believe dad agreed.." I was smiling ear to ear with happiness.
"Open your window.." he said from other side of the phone.
"Window..?" As soon as I opened the window he jumped on me and warped his arms around me.
"Taehyung.."
"I was missing you so much" pulling back he kissed my full face making me giggle.

"Hey stop.." I playfully hit his chest
"Let me kiss youuuu" he grabbed my jaw before kissing and sucking my lips, his another hand was back of head protecting me from getting hit while we were being wild. After a good minutes we pulled back huffing.

As I was all red with shyness, he patted my head and said
"My wifey looks the prettiest when she blushes" he gave a warm smile.
"I'm not your wife yet.."
"Yeah but soon to be, btw how did you manage uncle? I never thought he will agree for our marriage"
"Dad loves me a lot, so he said yes and decided to end the enmity between us."
"After being enemies for 15 years finally we are ending it" he kissed on my forehead.