Chapter 7

The air around me felt really thick and I couldn't concentrate

The air around me felt really thick and I couldn't concentrate. The heat that radiated of the boys made me feel hot and it was hard to do anything school related.
I thought about asking to go to the bathroom so that I could get fresh air and cool down but something in me held me back.

I was glad when the class ended and stood up as soon as the teacher was out.
I could feel those eight pairs of eyes watching me walk out but didn't dare to return any of their gaze.

I made my way completely out of the school building and stopped in the yard.
A few other students were walking around here too but I just concentrated on calming my breath.
I didn't even know why I was acting that way. Why did they have such an effect on me and why did they even put me in the middle of them?

I didn't want that much attention but when my face heat up again at the thought, I realized that I also kinda liked it.

"Ya!" I yelped when I got pulled out of my thoughts by a harsh grip on my hair.

"What-" I looked over to see four girls standing by my side and one of them had gripped me by my hair.

"Ya, could you let go?" I frowned at the girl that stood at the front.

"What's it with you and Ateez?"

"What?"

"You and Ateez." The girl raised her eyebrows "Hongjoon and his boys." she declared.
"What you didn't know they call themself that?" she laughed at that but her grip on my hair only tightened.

"Omo, you really are clueless." she shook her hair but the laugh was wiped off her face after that and she got serious "Now what's your deal with them?"

"I don't have a deal with them." I told the girls but that only earned my a tug on my hair.

"Bullshit. What are you doing with them?"

"I don't do anything. They are the ones who drag me with them everywhere." I frowned before I had to slightly wince when the girl pulled my hair even harsher.
My hands came up to hold hers that was holding my hair and I tried to pry her hand off but to no avail.

The girl shook her head angrily and her tongue ran along her teeth "Stay away from them. Or-"

"Or what?"

Came a manly voice from behind us and the deep sound sent a shiver down my spine.

"Let her go." Yunho approached us and took a hold of her wrist.
The girl let go and all of them looked at him with wide eyes.

"Oh Jeon Yunho, I-"

"Shut up." Yunho interrupted the girl and pushed her wrist away.

My hand went up to touch the spot the girl had a hold on. It still hurt a bit but that quickly went away and I watched as Yunho stood in front of me, covering me from the view of those girls.