Chapter 8

I leaned my head on my palm, getting tired from the teachers slow voice as he spoke about some nonsense I couldn't keep up with

I leaned my head on my palm, getting tired from the teachers slow voice as he spoke about some nonsense I couldn't keep up with. Math was not my strongest subject.

I sighed, feeling my eyes drop just the slightest but it was enough to catch the teachers attention.
I watched as he stepped closer to my table with a stern expression and swallowed quietly.

"This is not a sleeping class Mrs Nam."

"I'm sorry sir. I wasn't sleeping, I swear." I shook my head and sat up straight. I glanced to my right when I sensed movement and saw Yeosang sitting up too as he stared at the teacher with squinted eyes.
I ignored it and looked up at the teacher again as he stood at the front, right in front of San's seat.

"You know if you want to sleep you could also just stay at home." The teacher raised his eyebrows while I averted my eyes from him and to my fidgeting hands.
"Do you want to stay home Mrs Nam?" as of right now, yes actually.
"You wanna spend your time useless, skipping your education? Do you think you'd bring it anywhere with that method?"

The more he spoke the angrier I got and tears welled in my eyes as I wasn't able to talk back. It would only get me in more trouble and it was still my first week so I couldn't risk any complications.
I felt a large hand on my back and guessed that it was Mingi who sat behind me. His thumb rubbed circles on my back in a comforting manner and I just wanted to get out. I couldn't handle the look that the teacher gave me. I always had a problem with arguments like that and I didn't know if the comfort I received from Mingi was helping or just fueling to my urge to cry.

"Ya."

Hongjoons voice Rang through the silent classroom and the teachers attention shifted to him.
I looked up, seeing Hongjoon and all the others literally glaring daggers at the man in front of the class.

"What is it Mr Kim?"

"Don't say such things." he told the teacher, still trying to be respectful because it was a teacher but Hongjoons anger was showing.

"Don't get involved in others business Mr Kim. Remember that, it'll be a helpful thing to hold on when your older." The teacher walked forward, past San's table but I didn't expect what happened next.
San moved his foot to push his bag in front of the teacher and the older male of course didn't see it, causing him to fall flat on his face.

The class broke into small laughter which they tried to contain to not get punished.
I heard the guys chuckle but my eyes were just wide in surprise. In my old school no one would've dared to do something like that but here there are these eight who don't shy away from anything.

The teacher stood hurriedly and brushed himself off, clearing his throat in embarrassment as he looked at his students "Don't leave your bags in the way." was all he said before returning to the front and continuing his lesson.