Chapter 6.

Nami sat on the small house on the boat and studied the maps

Nami sat on the small house on the boat and studied the maps. Lynn sat below and looked around while Zoro was in the house. Suddenly Luffy came up to the two women. "Lynn! Nami!" Luffy was very excited and showed them a black cloth with a dead skull on it. Nami looked at him and asked "What is that?". 
"Our flag" says Luffy still very excited.
"Forget it, it won't reach my boat," says Nami and looks at Luffy seriously.
"Well, I think it's pretty cool," Lynn says to Luffy. He was also very pleased about the compliment. 
Suddenly Zoro comes out. "Zoro, look." Luffy jumps excitedly towards Zoro and shows him the flag.

"Nice" Zoro says briefly and then turns to Nami. "Hey, I think the toilet is broken."

Nami looks at him in horror. "We don't have a toilet," she says in horror and runs into the house. Zoro shrugs his shoulders and sits down next to his girlfriend.

Nami comes out again. She runs angrily to Zoro and Lynn and says "You've broken something with your swords the way you keep waving them around."

"It wasn't us," says Lynn, but Nami doesn't believe them.

"Okay, let's calm down." Luffy tries to calm the crew. Sorry not Crew.

"Let's have a group meeting". says Luffy.

“Not a crew,” the three said at the same time.

"We're going to need a better boat if we plan on making it to the Grand Line. A real pirate ship with enough space and rooms for us all." Luffy spoke.

"A ship big and strong. Worthy of the Straw Hat Crew." Luffy grinned.

"Wait." Nami spoke. "Seriously? The Straw Hat Crew?" She asked.

"I thought it had a nice ring to it." Luffy shrugged.

"'Demon's has a nice ring to it. Headgear? Not so much. It's not really scary." says Zoro

"Who says pirates have to be scary?" Luffy asked.

Nami looks at him in disbelief. Zoro and Lynn look at each other.

"The point is.. we need a new ship. The question is.. where do we get one from?" Luffy asked.

Nami grabs the map and points to an island.
"Our best bet right now would be the Gecko Islands. We can probably get there before our ship sinks."

"Great. I think it was about time for an upgrade." Zoro mumbled and grabbed Lynn's hand.

"And it has to have a working toilet." Lynn said.

"Great. Good job Navigator." Luffy spoke.

"You're still not hanging that flag on my ship." Nami warned him. 

________________________________________

The four of them had made it before the ship sank. Lynn walked with Zoro hand on hand before they stopped at a wall of wanted posters.

"You've got to be kidding me.." Zoro spoke. "That clown was worth 15 million berry?" He scoffed. "We should've stuffed his head in a bag and brought him with us."

"Which Marine base would have given us the bounty, we're wanted ourselves now," says Lynn and squeezes his hand.

Nami reappeared behind the three after she had just disappeared.

"Found us a ship yet?" Luffy asked.

"Not yet." Nami spoke. "Still working on it. Did you push the sloop into the sea like I asked you to?" She asked.

"Yup! No Marine is going to be finding us here."

"Good because we won't be staying here for long." She spoke. "Turns out that Syrup Village is known for their ships and ship building. We'll have lots of options ahead of us."

Luffy was happy to hear that news. "Wow. Well, what are we waiting for?" Luffy walked ahead before Nami followed.

Zoro ripped the wanted poster off the walls before crumbling it up and throwing it away. "Stupid clown." He mumbled and grabbed Lynn's hand and goes with her after the other two.

"Look at them all." Luffy grinned.

"How much do any of these cost?" Zoro asked.

"You can ask but we can't afford any of them. They look and feel expensive." Nami pointed out.

"I feel like we should get one that has a very impressive figurehead. An unimaginable one. One that blows you away at first sight. Something amazing." Luffy spoke as he described the boat he wanted.
"I see you've thought about it but we wouldn't be able to sail a ship that big with only four people." Nami explained.
"We're going to need something less flashy if we want to make it out of here." Nami sighed.
"Wait." Luffy spoke as he stopped walking. "You want to steal a ship?" He asked.

"Yes. I thought it was obvious. How else do you think we're going to get our hands on one?" Nami asked.

"I don't know." Luffy shrugged. "But I know for sure that we won't be stealing one."

"What kind of pirate are you exactly?" Nami questioned him.

Luffy glanced her way as if she was crazy. "A ship is not just a ship. It's part of our crew and if we are going to find one then we have to find the perfect one. The right way."

"Okay, try to pitch that to a saleman. I'm sure your words will be winning him over." Nami sarcastically commented.

"Exactly." Luffy patted her shoulder before leaving them.

Zoro and Lynn stood there quietly the whole time. "Come on, let's help Luffy find a boat," says Lynn and takes her boyfriend by the hand. Zoro sighs and lets himself be pulled along.