Chapter Two

🎙️Abul 'Abbas Ibn At'aa رحمه الله said,

*"I read the Quran and noticed that Allah never praised a person except after testing him."*

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"Haneef will be coming home next week and as usual it's the family get together" Dad said and my heart skips a beat.

"Finally, I've been waiting for him. I can't wait to see him" Dalilah said as she took a sip of her smoothie.

"Are you waiting for him or for the chocolates you asked him to get for you?" Muizah asked and Dalilah groaned.

"Fine I'm waiting for my chocolate." She said and Muizah chuckled.

I really don't like attending the get together because Haneef maternal Uncles and cousins will dominate the place. My dad and uncle Ayaan only has a sister in person of Aunt Leeanah and she has two children. Also they has a cousin, Aunt Christianah who has just one son. Aunt Leeanah's husband, Uncle M.M happened to be my mum's elder brother. So I can say I have one maternal uncle and two paternal aunts.

But for Haneef, from his dad side he only has my dad, Aunt Leeanah and Aunt Christianah. But from his mother side, he has six uncles and one aunt amd each of them has two or more than two children.

So that's what made me to always avoid any get together party.

"Saniyah don't give an excuse this time because I won't buy it" Dad said and I stopped eating.

"I have work dad. And I..." He didn't let me finish before saying no.

"I'll talk to your boss. It's just a day program so I'm sure he will release you " Dad said and I nod.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Before I knew it, the day of the get together arrived. I really don't think I'm ready to see him. The picture of himself in his uniform that he posted yesterday, in it, he had his long hair down, holding his traveling box with his left hand and his mum standing by his right wearing his pilot cap. He had really changed a lot. His hair had become longer and looking more silker, he had become more taller and his beard is now longer than before.

Ya Allah, I groaned as I dipped my head into the sink filled with water. After some seconds, I pulled it out before staring at my reflection at the mirror. If only there's a way I can bunk this party.

"Saniyah are you ready?" Mum called walking into my bedroom. Since my bathroom door was opened so she could see me. Her eyes widened upon seeing me still in my pyjamas. Her on the other hand is dressed in a black abaya, black hijab with silver low heel sandal and bag.

I walked out of the bathroom and I flashed her a weak smile.

"I've been trying to pretend not to see or noticed anything but you really want me to talk." She said and I squint my eyes trying to understand her.

"I'm your mother Saniyah, nothing can happen without me knowing. Falling in love with someone younger than you isn't a crime. Anyways since you're not going I'll get going but be ready to face your father's wrath tonight" She said leaving me shocked. She kissed my forehead before leaving.

Ya Allah, so she knows, but how? I know from the onset that mothers are witches. Had someone else noticed it? No no no I can't let people know. I can't tell dad, he must not heard of this.

Now what excuse will I give for not coming. And just then, I remembered that I was supposed to go for my doctor's appointment yesterday but I missed it. I quickly took my phone and texted him that I would like to come today. He replied immediately that he'll be waiting for you.