Chapter Six

*Being Dutiful To One’s Parents After Their Death.*

🎙Al-Imām an-Nawawi [may Allāh have mercy on him] said:

*“Whomsoever wishes good treatment for his parents; let them generously contribute to charitable causes on their parents behalf. Such acts of charity extend their benefits to the deceased, and there is no difference of opinion amongst the  Muslims.”*

📚Sharh Saheeh Muslim, 1/89 | Al-Imām an-Nawawi [may Allāh have mercy on him]

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Kano, Nigeria
The Governor's house

"Azeemah come on look beyond all that" Mujeebah, Hajiya Azeemah's best friend who is   a Saudi Arabian said and she heave a sigh.

"I'm trying to but what will Ummy and Abby think and the citizens, what if they don't want a dumb girl as their queen that will..."

"Wait, is it your the citizens that are getting married or your son. What is their concern even if she's dumb and deaf or even sitting or a wheelchair. Azeemah you need to focus on your son. If you force him to marry someone else what if he suddenly changed his behaviour towards you for deciding his future. What if he doesn't like the girl and he never find peace in her. See let's leave the 'what ifs' and go and do the right thing. Apologize to your son and accept the lady. You can't just say a lady doesn't worth being your son's wife and the future queen just because she's dumb and crippled. Or is there more to that?"

"Wallahi there's none. She's obedient and you should have seen how her family really showed us respect when we visited them."

"So please accept her and take her as the daughter you never have" Mujeebah said and she nod. "Where are your CO wives?" She asked

"Aminah went to the market and Nana went out with her daughter Maryam."

Alhaji Al Ameen Jubril Abdul Aleem, the governor of Kano State and son in law of the king and queen of Saudi Arabia, got married to three wives. Azeemah being the first wife was only able to gave the governor one child and that is Abdul Azeez. After fifteen years of not being able to conceive again, the governor got married to Nana Hawau, a hausa widow with a two years old daughter, Maryam. Nana Hawau gave him three more kids with Zaynab being the first, then Khadijah and lastly the baby of the house, Maymunah. After some years later, he got married to a third wife, Aminah a fulani who was a divorcee with a girl also named Hikmah. She also gave the governor three kids, Fatimah and Aaishah (twins), Raheemat.

Hikmah is the oldest one among them as she's twenty years old, followed by Maryam who is eighteen, then fifteen years old Zaynab, twelve years old Fatimah and Aaishah, twelve years old Khadijah, seven years old Raheemat and lastly three years old Maymunah.

Among the wives, Azeemah is the oldest followed by Aminah then Nana Hawau.

At first, when the governor wanted to take in another wife, Azeemah spend her days and nights wetting her pillow with her tears. It wasn't easy but she still allow her husband to take in another wife. She knew her husband can't depend on only one child. When Nana arrived, she welcome her with open arms and that was how their friendship begins. They never for once sees each other as rivals. Nana gave all possible respect to Azeemah as she was fifteen years old older than her. And when the governor announced that he want a third wife, the two wives were eager to gave their yes but not after doing a thorough background research on their soon to be Co wife. When Aminah arrived a little scared that her co wives won't like her or might hurt her daughter but she was wrong. Azeemah took Hikmah as her daughter and Nana was quick to introduce Maryam and Zaynab to Hikmah as her younger sisters.