Chapter Seven

Al-Imām ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله said:
التبرج ليس تحرراً من الحجاب فقط بل هو والعياذ بالله تحرر من الالتزام بشرع الله وخروج على تعاليمە"
*"At-Tabaruj, [i.e wanton display of beauty], extends beyond merely failing to adhere to proper hijab attire. It encompasses a lack of commitment to the principles of Sharia law and deviation from its teachings."*
[مجموع الفتاوى: ٢٢٦/٥]

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"So what do you want as your mahr?" Abdul Azeez asked and my head snapped towards him. I have never thought of anything to collect.

"I'll let you know after giving it a thought" I said and he nod.

"As Salam Alaykum " He said before getting inside the car. He only brought his sisters who insisted on coming to visit me because we've never met before apart from Hikmah and Maryam.

"So what about a little introduction" Basheerah asked and the girls nod.

Zaynab the oldest introduced herself and her sisters also, Fatimah, Aaishah and Khadijah are age mates while Raheemat is the youngest. The baby of the house, Maymunah isn't here so I'm just left with five of Abdul Azeez step sisters.

"Are you the bride" Aaishah asked and I nod smiling. After that, silence enveloped the whole house and I sigh.

I really don't know what to say or do next.

"So who wants sausage roll?" Basheerah asked and their eyes lit up.

"And fish roll right?" Raheemat asked pouting and Basheerah nod.

"Let's do some baking now put on your imaginary apron and cap and follow me" She said making them laugh before they all head to the kitchen.

They all sat down on the kitchen island and I served them cold water while Basheerah started bringing out the ingredients needed. I helped her in defrozing the fish before cooking it for like five minutes. I flaked it before putting it aside. In a frying pan, I added small cube of butter and let it melt before putting my flaked fish. I added my seasoning and continue stirring it for like five minutes before setting it aside. I also helped in the grinding the already defrozed sausages before mixing it with necessary seasonings.

I sat down beside Raheemat who was busy playing games on their tablet. She exit the game before going to note and I watch her write something down with the S-pen. And that reminded me of my childhood. Going about with my tablet whose pouch will always match my dressing likewise my bag.

You are beutiful, she wrote down before looking at me. I smiled before collecting the S-pen and wrote 'Thank you but it's is not beutiful but beautiful' . She nods before going back to her game.

After an hour, we all sat at the island with a plate of sausage roll and fish roll with orange juice in front of everyone. Khadijah was the only one that doesn't like orange juice so I gave her yoghurt.

"As Salam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu" Muizah and Dalilah greeted walking into the kitchen but halt on their tracks as they saw new faces.

"Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu" Everyone replied and the two face me waiting for a response.

"They are Akhy Abdul Azeez sisters" I gestured and they nod before Basheerah introduced them to Muizah and Dalilah.

"Go upstairs have a shower and come downstairs for lunch" Basheerah said and they nod before leaving.

Muizah is in Senior Second School 3 and will be writing her external exam (WASSCE) in two weeks time while Dalilah is just in Primary 5.

The rest of the day was spent with the kids talking about their school at the north while Muizah and Dalilah are also talking about the one's here at the west.