Chapter Five

🎙It was said to al-Muzzani, [may Allāh have mercy on him]: *“So-and-so hates you.*

He replied: *‘There is no pleasure in his proximity, nor any loneliness in his distance.’”*

📚Al-Adāb ash-Shar’iyyah, 3/575 | Al-Imām ibn Muflih al-Hambali [may Allāh have mercy on him]

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"How are you?" He asked and I nod before gesturing 'Alhamdulillah'

"Alhamdulillah. Your dad said you have a check up in the afternoon so please don't forget to go" He said and I nod.

"I'll get going now." He said and I nod before ending the call.

As I was about to leave WhatsApp, a message came in from him.

Abdul Azeez
I forgot to inform you but my mum will chat you up.

I replied with an okay before dropping my phone. After accepting the proposal, he came with his family yesterday and I've been feeling this negative vibes around his mum. I don't need anyone to tell me that all those smiles are fake.

"Saniyah get dressed I'll be taking you for your check up" Mum yelled from her room which is the last room down the hallway. The room opposite and next to them are empty while I occupied the third room with Dalilah and Muizah sharing the room opposite to mine.

I stood up and that was when I noticed the gift that was given to me by the governor yesterday. I picked it up and untie the pink ribbon. I unwrapped the paper and it reveal a small plain carton with nothing written on it.

I sat down on the bed and opened the carton to see a small device. It powered it on and wait for it to boot. It asked me if I'm a male or female, my age and my preferred language. I answered everything before I noticed the manual at the bottom of the carton. I picked it up and checked it out and that was when I got what it is. It's a device in which I'll just type whatever I want to say and it will say it out for me in my gender and age's voice. It will also ask about my current emotion so that it'll relate it out just like i am feeling. With this, I can talk in any language that I want as I just have to choose the language I want it to use. And it can also help me to translate any other language to english.

"Saniyah darling are you ready?" Mum asked walking into my room. The door to my room is always opened unless I wants to sleep.

"You're not ready, wait what's that?" She asked and I explained it to her. We decided to give it a try and I typed in 'how are you' with an happy emoji and surprisingly the device said it in a lovely feminine voice.

"Ma Sha Allah. Who gave you this?" Mum asked sitting beside me and I typed 'Abdul Azeez father'

"Abdul Azeez father" The device said and I smile.

"So you can use this for those that doesn't understand sign language. He might be busy now but make sure you call him in the evening"

"I'll In Sha Allah. Please let me quickly get dressed " I gestured before walking into my closet.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I watched as the doctor inspect my legs with an undivided attention while my mum also followed all his actions with her eyes. My phone started ringing and I removed it from my bag to see an unknown number calling me using voice call. It's either text messages or video call so I guess this person doesn't know me. I answered the call waiting for the person to introduce him or herself.

"Are you expecting me to greet you first." I heard my soon to be mother-in-law's voice. "Oops, I forgot my son is marrying a dumb girl" She said mockery evident in her voice. She burst into laughter and I just listened to her laugh. Wallahi I had never felt bad whenever someone call me a dumb girl. I know I am so I don't need anyone to tell me or think they can hurt me with that.