Chapter 9: Hells Bells

⚠️‼️TW: mentions of SA. This chapter is also very gory, if you're wary please proceed with caution. ‼️⚠️

13:47
Kingdom of Necrus

"Orm?"

Cora's voice shook as she looked at the bleeding prince in front of her. His eyes were lolling into the back of his head as he mumbled something. He interlocked their fingers, his blood mixing with her olive skin, and she trembled. She tenderly brushed the hair out of his eyes as she flicked her eyes across his body. The sword was driven deep into his chest, blood leaking in streams across the table, and she held back a gag.

"How is he still alive?" Arthur asked, worry flashing across his face, "He's lost so..so much blood..."

She looked closer at his wound, seeing a light green shimmer around it. The rune. She wrapped her hand around the hilt of the sword, her knuckles white from her grip.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, tears leaking from the corners of her eyes.

She pulled the sword as hard as she could, letting out a soft grunt, sliding it out of his chest. He let out a sharp wail, his nails digging into the cool concrete, splitting them down to the quick. The sword clattered to the ground next to the table, blood gushing from the blade. Cora's eyes watched his wound, seeing the blood start to slow. It exploded in a flurry of emerald light, the colors swirling in the air, before sliding down his chest. The wound closed, and Orm laid there for a moment, panting.

"Cora?" He whispered, sweat beading across his forehead. He drug his tongue against his lips, moistening the cracked skin.

"Shhh," she cooed, taking his face in her hands, "You're alright."

She helped him sit, and she could see the woozy look in his eyes. Exhaustion plastered across his face, and he rested his head on her chest for a moment. A slow clapping came from behind them, and she turned her head. Rage filled her gaze, and she moved in front of Orm, her fangs bared slightly.

"Kordax."

Her voice dripped with venom, her body trembling in anger. There he stood, the fallen king in all of his glory. He looked as decrepit as the undead roaming the seas outside. His body resembled that of a skeleton, his bones dripping black, a green glow illuminating where his heart should be. His shoulders were pointed, sea moss covering them as he staggered towards her. His crown was melded into his flesh, and his vibrant green eyes took her in. His mouth curved into a sinister smile, the bones of his jaw popping and cracking.

"My wife has returned," he snarled, his voice gravelly, "My precious queen."

He placed a slimy hand on her chin, pulling her in for a kiss. She punched him, his gritted skin slicing her knuckles. He stumbled back, anger evident in his eyes.

"You fucking asshole," she snarled, gripping her sword.

"Careful darling," he cooed, "You don't want to ruin that precious reputation, the innocent act you're playing."

"Is this what you wanted? The power? The recognition? Do you have any idea what it took to get you like this?" Cora screamed, her voice shrill.

The king laughed, his sides heaving in heavy breaths of amusement, "You've failed, and you cannot live with that fact."

"I NEVER WANTED ANY OF THIS!" Cora's voice lifted in a agonized wail, "I had a home, a family! You took it all away, and for what? So you could use me like a pawn?"

Kordax tutted, tilting his head to the side, "I loved you."

"You could never love anyone, only you and your pride," she growled, "You want them to know everything, to see everything. Then here it is."