Epilogue

Epilogue

⚠️‼️SMUT AHEAD‼️⚠️

Cora woke from her restless slumber feeling the pad of Orm's thumb tracing her shoulder. She hummed in response, cracking her eyes open. Her lips curved in a gentle smile seeing the unruly blonde curls of her lover across from her.

"Good morning, handsome," she murmured, tracing her fingers along his cheekbones. He interlocked their fingers, pulling her hand closer, softly kissing her hand.

"Good morning."

His voice was raspy, his eyes heavy with sleep. He pulled her closer to him, tucking his head into her shoulder, his breath warming her body. As his hair tickled her nose she heard him speak up below her.

"Any big plans today?"

She shook her head gently, holding on to him, clutching his clothes between her fingers.

"A few council meetings, but nothing pressing."

"Good," he murmured, pulling her up and onto his lap, her silk top sliding down her shoulder, "I would like some alone time with my wife."

She let out a small giggle, leaning down to press a gentle kiss on his forehead, "We have until noon, darling."

He smiled, his fingertips tracing her collarbone, traveling up to her chin, pulling her down for a soft kiss. She tangled her hands in his hair, pulling him closer to her. His fingers explored her skin, his nails ghosting her spine.

"I believe I have a promise to fulfill, Queen Marius."

His voice came out as a teasing whisper, and she grinned. As he kissed her once more, his tongue flicked against her lips, and she parted them, granting him permission. His fingertips grazed her breasts through the fabric of her shirt, hardening the soft flesh of her nipples beneath, and he watched her pull her head back, biting her lip.

He softly lifted her top, tossing it to the side, the cool current brushing against her warm flesh. As his tongue worked against the soft buds of her chest, his hands worked against her waistband, pulling her shorts off of her. He looked up at her with a raised eyebrow, amusement lacing his eyes.

"Are those my..?"

"Your boxers, yes," she teased, rubbing the palm of her hand against his shorts, "Didn't think you'd miss them too much."

His fingers traveled beneath the fabric, brushing against the soft skin of her folds, and she gasped in pleasure. Two of his fingers made gentle work against her, and she rolled her hips, placing her hands on his chest for support.

"Good girl," he crooned against her flesh, nipping at her neck. The palm of her hand worked its way down to his pants, pulling against the hem of the sweatpants. As she pulled against them she could feel the hardness beneath, and she hummed in pleasure.

As he continued to slowly pump his fingers in her, she dipped her head down, taking his length in her mouth, gently sucking against him. He pushed his head back into the pillow, a low moan coming from his throat. His eyes screwed shut, and he could feel her smiling against him.

A sharp knock came from the door, interrupting them. Cora let out a groan, slowly departing from her beloved. He let out an impatient murmur, missing the warmth of her against him. She slowly opened the door, glaring at the guard outside.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, but there's someone here to see you."

She let out a soft sigh, "Can they wait?"

Her words were barely out of her mouth when a young man pushed his way towards her. He had a mask on, a breathing device connected to it. His suit was expensive, decked out in the newest technology.

"Cora?"

Her eyes widened at the voice, "Jason?"

He nodded softly, and Orm came to the door behind her, the bedsheet wrapped around his waist, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I need you to come back to Gotham."

She shook her head, "Jay, I can't—"

"Bruce has been taken," he interrupted, "There have been attacks all over the city, we need you, I need you."

"I don't understand," she murmured, "How is that my problem?"

"They attacked the League. As of right now, there are no survivors."

Her eyebrows furrowed in anger, and she opened her mouth to speak. At that moment, a loud explosion rocked the kingdom. She dug her nails into the doorframe, keeping herself steady. After the first wave subsided, she used her magic to form her suit. Swimming out the door, she sped down the hallway. As she reached the inner kingdom, she saw the destruction waiting for her.

"What the fuck?" She whispered, watching chunks of the palace falling to the ground.

As she turned, she noticed Orm no longer beside her. She heard his scream from down the hallway, and she sped through the water, reaching their bedroom. She picked up a small, charred piece of his clothing, holding it against her.

He was gone.

"It's time, Cora." Jason whispered, his suit whirring in the water, "The Siren must rise again."

"No," she whispered, looking at the droplets of blood drifting through the water, "I swore I would never go down that path again."

"You have no choice," he murmured, "It's time to face the sins of the father."