(10)Why him?

"Oh, well, that's even worse." Vinnie said.
Y/N couldn't believe it. Why did that guy turn out to be Stone? How can she look into his eyes now, because as soon as she sees him, she will remember that kiss with him from her dream.
"In this dream, did he kill you?" Vinnie asked with a smile.
Y/N looked at Vinnie. "No...worse..." Y/N replied.
"Worse?" Vinnie asked, but when she looked at Y/N again, and she didn't decide to ask about it further. "Well, do you know what Skipp found? New clothes for you!" Vinnie said, trying to steer the conversation away from Y/N's dream.
Exactly. Y/N remembered that they went to the landfill to get clothes for her. "Okay, let's go." Y/N said and followed Vinnie.
When they reached the area in the landfill where Skipp and Stone were waiting for them, Y/N felt uneasy. Although she understood that this was just a dream that could not mean anything, something in her said the opposite.
Stone looked to the side and saw Vinnie and Y/N, who were approaching them. "Hey." Stone said to caught Skipp's attention. "They are coming." Stone said.
Skipp looked towards Vinnie and Y/N and waved cheerfully. "Hey, we're here!" Skipp shouted to the girls happily.
Vinnie and Y/N approached the guys.
"Skipp, show Y/N what you found." Winnie said.
Skipp showed Y/N the clothes he found. These clothes were not even good, as if they had only recently been thrown out. It was a light blue shirt and trousers. "Stone helped me find these clothes." Skipp said.
Y/N was happy about the clothes at first, but when she heard from Skipp that Stone helped him find the clothes, she was surprised. Why would he help Skipp with something like this? The relationship between Stone and Y/N was complicated, even Y/N didn't understand whether they were friends or whether they were still strangers to each other.
When Y/N reluctantly looked at Stone, he also looked at her, but immediately turned away.
"Thank you guys." Y/N said with a smile, even though she was not in the mood for smiles.

In one hour.

Y/N changed into new clothes, it's a pity there was no mirror, she only had to rely on the guys' words. Y/N came out to the guys. "Well? How do I look? Good? Bad?" Y/N asked.
The guys looked at Y/N. Skipp and Vinnie smiled.
"You look great!" Skipp exclaimed.
Vinnie nodded. "This is much better than your last outfit." Vinnie said.
Even though Y/N didn't want to look at Stone, she had to. She looked at Stone, waiting for his answer.
Stone was sitting on some box and looking at the floor. But then he felt someone's gaze focus on him. Stone looked at Y/N. "It's fine. Now you don't look worse than a homeless person." Stone said, taking a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.
Y/N smiled fakely.
Suddenly Vinnie's stomach began to growl. "Oh, it's time for breakfast. Well, guys, let's go and find some food." Vinnie suggested.
"I'll stay here." Stone and Y/N said at the same time. This surprised everyone, including Stone and Y/N.
Vinnie looked at Y/N first and then at Stone. "Okay guys, stay here while Skipp and I go find some food." Vinnie said and left.
"We'll definitely grab some food for you, Y/N!" Skipp said and left.
Well, now Stone and Y/N are alone again.
All Y/N could think about was that dream. Why exactly did she dream about him? Y/N closed herself off for a while until Stone broke the awkward silence.
"Do you want to talk about something while those two look for food?" Stone asked, lighting a cigarette. This was the second time Stone himself broke the awkward silence. Apparently yesterday did some good for their relationship? Y/N looked at Stone. "Did the guys ask anything about why we were so late yesterday? What did you tell them?" Y/N asked.
"I said that we were a little lost, and you were also interested in learning about the town... In general, I lied." Stone said and exhaled a puff of smoke.
Y/N blushed a bit, she didn't even understand why, she was just looking at Sto... Oh...
"I- I see..." Y/N said.
Y/N thought a little about what else she could talk to him about. And then I remembered. "Skipp said you helped him find clothes for me. Is that true?" Y/N asked, pointing to her new clothes.
"Oh, yeah." Stone said.
"But can I ask why?" Y/N added.
Stone looked to the side as if he was making up a lie so as not to give away his real reasons for helping Y/N with clothes. "Well, he found all sorts of clothes, but they were all torn and even worse than your clothes then. And I accidentally found a shirt and trousers that looked fine, so I brought them to Skipp so that he would give them to you." Stone said.
Y/N blushed a little more. For some reason, she really wanted Stone to find these clothes for her on purpose. But part of Y/N didn't understand what was happening to her. Why is she blushing? Why did her stomach area become so warm? Are these so-called butterflies in the stomach? No, no, this is all nonsense. She couldn't fall in love with someone like Stone.
"Thank you." Y/N said.
Stone was surprised. "What are you thanking me for?" Stone asked.
"For everithing you did to me." Y/N said with a gentle smile.
"Okay..." Stone mumbled.

In the evening.

Y/N sat on the roof and watched the sunset with a smile on her face. Y/N giggled. "I fell in love with this idiot... This homeless hobo" Y/N thought. "Mom will kill me if she finds out." Y/N said with a lovely smile.
Y/N looked at the sunset again and, like the most ordinary girl in love, began to come up with different stories in her head with herself and Stone.
Love can change everything in seconds.