(18)Shattered hopes.

"Wait... Fiancé?!" Stone said in a daze. Stone looked at Y/N.
"I-... I swear I just found out about this!" Y/N lied nervously. She moved closer to Stone. "Stone, I swear, you're the only one I like." Y/N said.
"Young lady, explain yourself now." Mother said threateningly.
"Stone please..." Y/N whispered, almost crying.
Stone looks at Y/N. His heart seems to break into several small pieces at the mere thought that Y/N has a fiancé. "I was a fool to trust you again... You need only money." Stone said and walked towards the exit. It was hard for him to do this, but if she really loved him, she would have told him about it, and he would have helped her. Stone walked out of the mansion, looking at Y/N one last time before he walked out of her sight...

"Seriously?!" Vinnie exclaimed. "We won't even have dinner?! I didn't come here to just dance with this rich bastard!!!" Vinnie said annoyed.
"But while everyone is distracted, can't we just go and steal the food?" Skipp said.
Vinnie looked at Skipp and smiled. "Skipp, you're a genius, let's go!" Vinnie said and they went to the dining room to pick up food.

Y/N fell to her knees. She lost him again... How can she live now? But her grief was interrupted by one who has not a drop of compassion.
"Y/N, I'm giving you one last chance, explain what it was?" The mother said impatiently.
Y/N looked up at her mother's face. "These were my friends, do you know where they came from? From the street!" Y/N said on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
The mother's face showed surprise and disgust. "They are... From the street?!" Mother exclaimed. "Young lady, you left this house without my permission and found homeless people on the street?!" She asked.
"Leave me alone! You're already ruining my life!" Y/N yelled and ran towards the stairs in tears to get to her room.
"Young lady! You will be punished! I won't let you out of your own room ever again!" Mother called after Y/N.

Vinnie and Skipp walked quietly towards the exit with food in their hands. "Goodbye and thanks for the delicious dinner!" Vinnie said with a smile and walked out of the mansion with Skipp.
Y/N's Mother looked at them. "Did they just... steal our food..?" The mother asked herself.

Tears flowed like a waterfall from Y/N's eyes. And when she entered her room, she expected to be there alone, but there was someone else there. Y/N shuddered and leaned her back against the door. "Who is there?" Y/N asked.
"Oh, sorry if I scared you. It's me, good old Mr. White." Mr. White said with a smile.
Y/N wiped away her tears. "But what are you doing here?" Y/N asked.
"Oh, your mother asked me to fix something on the balcony, you know." He said.
Y/N sniffled. "Thank you for your work." Y/N said.
Mr. White's gaze softened. "I see you came back early, that dinner has already passed?" Mr. White asked worriedly.
"No, it's just that so much happened here..." Y/N said trying to hold back her tears, but she couldn't and burst into tears right in front of Mr. White. She fell to her knees and began to sob.
Mr. White sat down on his knees, which made a crunching sound. "Did dinner go that badly?" He asked.
Y/N just nodded.
"Oh, poor child, what happened?" Mr White said.

In one hour.

Dinner was already over, but Mark and his parents decided to stay overnight.
The servants were already clearing the tables and moving the furniture in the living room to its original location. While they were cleaning the ground floor, everyone on the second floor was already getting ready to sleep. Except two.
Y/N's Mother stood at the window and looked into the distance. "These street rats only bring dirt into the house." Mother said. "They could have stolen something from her. It seems my daughter is too naive..." She added.
Mark was sitting on a chair in the same room and looking at Y/N's photo. "I agree with your opinion, these rats are only poisoning your daughter. When I saw that tall guy I immediately thought that he was somehow suspicious." Mark said.
"And don't remind me about that guy, what a horror... He looks like the walking dead." Mother said, turning away from the window.
"You called me on business, right?" Mark asked.
"Yes, I need you to make my daughter fall in love with you, and then take her away from here." Mother said.
"To fall in love with me? And how can I do this?" He asked.
"Well, I don't care how, the main thing is that afterward you take her away." She said.
Mark sighed. "It sounds like you just want to get rid of her." He thought. "Well, alright, I'll try." Mark said out loud.

All this time, while Mark and Y/N's mother were talking, Mr. White was eavesdropping on them. But when they stopped talking, he pretended to be going about his business.

Mother sighed. "I hope she gets on the right path..." She mumbled.

At the gate.

Mr. White decided to help Y/N. Still, she was like a granddaughter to him, for whom only he worried in this world. Mr. White opened the gate and walked out, closing the gate behind him. He needed to find these friends of Y/N, about whom she told him so much and often. He will have to look for them in every corner until he comes across the right one.