Chapter 3

Kate🌈
Kate was getting ready to walk to the handshake line, and of course Paige lead her teams handshake line. She was sad that we lost 73-79, but they played really well, they just didn't execute the game plan as well as they should've, they didn't play bad; like it was a great lose so she wasn't gone cry.

"good game" I said in Paige's ear touching her waist.

"you too love." She said holding the eye contact.

I was trying so hard to not fold and like break out in a smile.

On the way to the locker room

"I seen them hand placements." Gabbie said wrapping her arm around me.

"basketball mentality, hoopers do that all the time silly goose." I said polking her face.

"that's what you always say, we draw the line at Paige Bueckers." Gabbie said. "you know you want her anyways." Gabbie said. "that's what makes me feel like it's not just basketball mentality hand placement".

Kate was proud of herself for making what she thought was a boss move with her hands. I couldn't tell you if she thought Paige wouldn't like it or what. But never in her life did she ever think she could make a move like that. Mostly because she got shy in front of people, so she couldn't imagine it in front of people she liked.

"where Caitlin?" I asked around.

"she's still on the court, I think she was doing a interview with Paige or something." Jada said walking in the locker room.

Caitlin 💍
Caitlin and Paige were on the court making conversation. Laughing and talking to the cameras. Something about this didn't sit well with Caitlin's teammate, Sydney.

"girl I feel like it's been forever since we even seen each other." Caitlin said hugging Paige.

"I knowww, but it's good to see you again." Paige said before she was interrupted by an interviewer.

"If you two don't mind, can we get an interview with the both of you?" The interview felt like it was mandatory to get an interview and capture the moments they had together, a lot of the fans gave Caitlin props because had she won, Paige would've never wanted to talk to her.

"Paige, congratulations on your victory. How do you feel about your performance?" The lady asked her with a smile.

"Honestly, i'm thrilled about the win. It was a tough match, and Caitlin put up an incredible fight. I had to bring my A-game to come out on top of course not just me but my teammates as well." Paige said rubbing her "rizz hands" together.

"Caitlin, it was a close game. What are your thoughts on Paige's performance?" she asked putting the mic to Caitlin's mouth.

"Paige played phenomenally. She showcased her skills and made some impressive moves. It was a tough loss for me, but I have great respect for her talent, and I couldn't be more proud of her, especially when she was getting counted out after tearing her ACL, knowing she's so injury prone." She said grabbing Paige's face, making Paige laugh.

"You both have a strong rivalry on the court. How do you manage to maintain a competitive spirit while still respecting each other?

"Caitlin and I have been playing against each other for years. We understand the importance of healthy competition. We push each other to be better, and at the end of the day, we're still friends off the court."Making strong eye contact with Caitlin.

"Absolutely. We share a mutual respect for each other's skills and dedication to the game. It's what keeps our competition, not rivalry exciting and our friendship intact." Caitlin said smiling.