Chapter 2: Betrayal

Eva barged into her room immediately, and was welcomed with the horrific sight.

What she had heard was only confirmed with the sight before her now.

Her boyfriend and Stepsister were together in her room.

Their clothes were slightly disheveled. It was no news as to what they've been up to.

"E..Eva? What are you doing here?" Liam muttered.

Despite noticing her presence, Stephanie ignored it totally.

"Baby, let's get back to it. Is it me or her?" Stephanie cooed.

Eva stood- dumbfounded. She knew Stephanie was as evil as her mother, but this- this was a little far. How could she betray her like this?

Eva's world shattered in that moment. How was she going to survive this heartbreak?

Liam just sat there. All he did was call out her name continuously, while Stephanie continued to caress him in her presence, ignoring her completely.

With her things still in her hands, Eva dashed out immediately.

A whirlwind of emotions clouded her thoughts. Betrayal, denial, hatred, anger, sadness...

This wasn't happening. Not now. Not when she needed her boyfriend the most.

"Eva! Eva, wait!"

She could hear Liam calling out her name, and running after her, but she didn't look back. She couldn't face it. She couldn't face the sudden harsh reality.

"Eva, wait!" Liam called out again, and this time, he had caught up with her.

He patted her back gently.

"I'm sorry, Eva. I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to hurt you".

"Oh save it, Liam!" Eva snapped.

"Please, I can explain..."

"Liam honey, come back to bed!" Stephanie yelled.

"Go back to her, Liam! You both deserve each other! We're over!"

Eva said, and ran off hurriedly, without looking back.

The rain started falling heavily again, and Eva was getting drenched slowly.

She stopped a cab to stay back at a hotel. She definitely couldn't go back home again.

"Please, take me far away from here. To a hotel perhaps".

Eva said, and the cab driver nodded affirmatively.

She stared out the window, and wandered away.

Her thoughts were fixated on Liam. After all they went through together, why would he betray her in such a way?

Her phone beeped, disrupting her from her thoughts.

She picked it up hastily, hoping it was Liam. But, when she looked at the phone screen, she was utterly disappointed. It was a message notification from Katherine.

Reluctantly, she opened the message.

"Come back home now, Eva! The house is in a mess!"

The text read; but Eva ignored it, and faced her phone down.

"Not today Satan". She muttered.

Her mind wandered off again. Her Stepmother had sold her to someone she barely knew- someone old enough to be her grandpa.

Stephanie and Liam betrayed her- it was a really sore betrayal indeed.

She wasn't going to let them get away with this.