Chapter 8: Nathan's Point Of View

Nathan's POV

[Back on his way home, when he was taking Eva to his mansion while she was asleep…]

I stared at her pretty face while she was asleep. I knew it was a creepy thing to do, but can you blame me?

Eva is beautiful. She could easily take every man's breath away.

At first, I was planning to take her to one of the buildings in my estate, but she'd be safer with me by her side. I mean, what if her stepmother comes after her?

Her stepmother's treatment towards her was really harsh, and I'll be damned to let that happen again. And so, I decided to take her to my mansion instead.

After an hour's drive, we finally got to the mansion. I parked my car carefully at its usual spot.  Some of my guards approached me, trying to see if there was anything they could assist me with.

I know you may be thinking… he's a billionaire, right? Why aren't his guards always with him? What happened to his driver? Why does he drive himself?

Well, I'm a very reserved person. Unlike other high class men in the society, I like my independence, my own space, my own freedom…
I don't like my guards tailing me all the time. And, I prefer driving myself.

"Just stand around, and make sure that even if she misbehaves, you won't take her to wherever she demands. Instead, take her to her room".
I ordered my guards, and they nodded affirmatively, before saying "yes boss" in unison.

After they left, I looked towards where Eva sat. She still slept peacefully. I patted her shoulder gently, and she yawned a little. She got down from the car, and looked around the mansion like she was studying the place.

"Where are we!?" She asked, but she seemed angry too.

"Welcome to my humble abode, Eva. This is where you'd be living from now on". I said, hoping she'd be happy about it. But, her reaction was definitely not the reaction I was expecting.

"What!? I didn't tell you I want to live here!" She yelled angrily.

"Relax, okay? You have your own room, and your personal maid. I already informed them of your arrival while you were asleep earlier". I said, trying to reassure her, and make her feel comfortable. But, it only got worse.

"But, I'm not with any of my stuff! Just my phone, Nathan!" She yelled again.

I didn't really know the reason for her sudden anger. She was supposed to be happy about this, right? Happy that I saved her from her stepmother's hold on her. But, she didn't seem like she was.
I wasn't going to give up on her.

"If it's your clothes you're worried about, don't worry. I've taken care of that already. You have a whole new wardrobe". I said, hoping it'll brighten her sour mood. But, I was wrong again.

"Take me back home!" She yelled in my face.

"I can't do that, Eva. You can't live there. I promise you'd be well taken care of here".

"How could you bring me to your home without my consent!?"

"I'm sorry. You…" I tried to say, but she didn't allow me to finish my statement.

"Take me back home, now!" Eva continued to yell. I decided to pay no attention to her again. I headed inside the mansion, and ignored her antics.

After a while, I could hear her screaming. I guess my guards had to resort to the use of force.

A few minutes later, Amy reported to me that she refused to eat. I assigned her to Eva as her personal maid.
I assured Amy that I'd see to it, and  after twenty minutes, I decided to go see why she was being stubborn.

When I got to her room, I angrily barged into it without knocking. She was angry that I barged into her room without knocking, but I didn't care. This was my home after all. She threatened to call the cops on me, and even accused me of kidnapping her. But, that was okay. She was just angry, and even if I didn't know why she was angry, I decided to let it slide.

Her countenance changed when I mentioned her going back to her home. That seemed to snap her back to her senses for a moment, because she became calm afterwards.

She tried to speak, but I didn't let her. Instead, I told her to make sure she eats, and comes to see me afterwards.

******

I sat comfortably on one of the plush chairs I'm my living room, taking a glass of whiskey, and reading a newspaper.

I noticed when she came to see me, but it seemed like she just stood there and watched me. And even if I was still engrossed in what I was reading, I knew she was still mad at me.

I told her to sit when she was done staring, but she continued to give me an attitude.

When she was still persistent about my reason for calling her, I had to tell her why. But, she refused being my date to the charity gala, and she even walked out on me.

I ignored her, and went up to my room. It was late already. Although, before I slept, I contacted Erika; my best friend, and told her what was going on. She promised to come see me the next morning.

As promised, Erika came to see me. I told her I needed a date urgently for the charity gala, and she agreed to help.

Erika told me about her day before, about how one of her colleagues at the office asked another colleague out, and she refused. That seemed to make her laugh, and she laughed uncontrollably.

However, the happy moment was cut short when Eva barged into the room. She acted awful, and her behavior made Erika leave.

I tried scolding her for her actions, but she apologized, and agreed to be my date to the charity gala instead.

Considering the fact that she didn't want to be my date before, this shocked me indeed!