Chapter 7: Jealous?

Eva reluctantly ate the food Amy had prepared for her. Afterwards, she went downstairs to see Nathan.

When she got downstairs, she saw Nathan sitting comfortably on one of his plush chairs in his living room. He held a newspaper in his hands, and a glass of whiskey was placed by a small table beside him.

She stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. 

"When you're done staring at me Eva, you may sit". Nathan said, taking a sip from his glass. 

Eva frowned. 'He's so full of himself'. She thought. 

She sat down on another chair, which was directly opposite his.

"So, are you enjoying your stay so far?" Nathan asked, with his face still glued to what was written on the newspaper.

"Don't ask me questions when you're not ready to pay attention to listen to the answers I have to give". Eva said, and another frown formed on her face.

"Alright, fine. I have your attention now". Nathan said, putting the newspaper away.

"Why did you call me here?" Eva asked in annoyance. 

"I asked you a question first, Eva. And you're responding with a question".

"I don't have anything to say to you. I don't have to answer to you after the stunt you pulled today, Nathan".

"Okay. Make me understand, Eva. I don't get it. Why are you acting this way? I sav…"

"Oh please, Nathan! I don't want to hear it! I never asked you to save me!"

"I had to! Someone had to, Eva! Stop being so stubborn about this!"

Eva heaved a sigh, in an attempt to calm herself down.

"Tell me why you called me here Nathan. I really don't want to see you right now, so be quick".

"Fine. I'm attending a charity gala tomorrow, and I want you to come with me as my plus one". Nathan said bluntly. 

"You want me to come as what?" Eva asked, laughing sarcastically. 

"As my plu…"

"I heard you the first time, Nathan. You don't need to repeat yourself".

"I can give you some little time to think about it, Eva".

"That's not necessary. I've thought about it already, and my answer is no".

"But…why?"

"I don't want to be around you, that's why. Now, if that'll be all, I'd like to leave now".

Eva said, walking out on Nathan.

"Eva! Wait!" Nathan called out, but she paid no attention to him.

She continued to walk upstairs, and when she got to her room, she entered the room, and slammed the door furiously. 

Nathan sighed heavily, before taking the last sip of his glass of whiskey. 

He headed upstairs to his room too, and retired to bed.

°~The next morning°~

Eva woke up after continuously hearing a lady giggling. Her laughter came from the room directly beside hers- Nathan's room.

'What could a lady be doing inside his bedroom? Is she his girlfriend?' Eva thought.

"It's not like I care anyway. Even if he had a girlfriend, I shouldn't care about that. Right?" Eva said silently to herself. 

The lady continued to laugh, and this angered Eva in a way. Although, she felt she shouldn't be angry, but couldn't help it.

She stood up from her bed, and adjusted her pyjamas, before heading out of her room.

When she got to Nathan's room door, she barged in without knocking.

Nathan and the lady sat together on his bed. They seemed to be having a conversation. 

'Nathan was probably telling her something to make her laugh'. Eva thought.

But she dreaded seeing them together. 'Am I jealous?' She thought.

"Who are you!?" The lady asked, almost yelling.

"I should be asking you that question, considering the fact that you're in my Fiancé's house". Eva said. 

She really wished she hadn't said that, but it was too late to take it back now.

"Your Fiancé?" The lady asked, with a shocked expression. 

"You heard that right. Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

"Stop this, Eva!" Nathan interrupted. "Stop harassing my guest!"

"Oh!" Eva cooed. "Your guest? I see your room is the best place to entertain your guests then, especially your girl guests".

"Stop embarrassing me, please!" Nathan pleaded with an annoyed tone.

"Tell me who she is then! And, more importantly, why is she in your bedroom!?"

"That's none of your business, okay? Why do you even care? Or, are you jealous?" Nathan asked, with a smirk on his face.

"Jealous?" Eva scoffed. "You wish!" She said, and wished so bad that she could wipe that smirk off his face.

"Just tell me who she is. Is that so hard?"

"Alright, fine! She's Erika. My best friend. I called her over to talk to her and ask her to be my date, since you refused to be my plus one for the charity gala".

"Oh, she's the lady that turned you down?" Erika asked.

"Yeah".

"I didn't know she lived with you. You didn't tell me that. And, you didn't also tell me that she was your Fiancée".

"I'm sorry about that". Nathan apologised. 

"Hello? Can you stop talking about me like I'm not here?" Eva said. 

"Sorry about that. We…" Erika tried to say, but Eva interrupted her. 

"I don't want to hear it, Tamika".

"It's Erika…"

"Whatever. Don't care". Eva said nonchalantly, and that seemed to make Erika annoyed.

"I think I should take my leave now. I've obviously overstayed my welcome". Erika said. She stood up abruptly and left. 

Nathan tried to stop her from leaving, but she paid no attention to him.

"What did you do that for!?" Nathan yelled angrily at Eva.

"I… I…" Eva stuttered.

"You what huh!? What exactly is your problem, Eva!? I honestly don't know what you want from me. Why do you keep acting so stubborn!?"

"I'm sorry. I…"

"You're sorry!? I'm fed up with your attitude already, Eva. Bringing you here was a mistake".

"Nathan…

"Don't call my name!"

"I…

"You what!?"

"I want to be your date instead! Your plus one to the charity gala!" Eva blurted out.