Chapter 5: Home No More

Freeze!

No!

This is Doctor Pershing.

His enthusiasm outweighs his discretion.

It's her mind that is off the charts.

What do you have for me?

If I visit the planet and I can bring you proof that I have bathed in the Living Waters, then by Creed, I would be redeemed.

Child of both worlds. Come to the Mines, recite the Jedi Code, and submit to the waters.

I await you.

There's nothing magic about the mines of Mandalore.

They supplied Beskar ore to our ancestors and the rest is superstition.

You're right. I don't know. But Clan Toluk never forgot and never forgave.

These mines date back to the age of the First Mandalore.

According to ancient folklore, the mines were once a Mythosaur lair.

I swear on my name. And the names of the Ancestors.

You saw it. The Mythosaur.

How did you know that?

I have to tell you, the reason why I had to come to the Living Waters.

...

Bo-Katan sat at the edge of the steps, staring down at the waters lost in thought as an arsenal of weapons and armor was sitting next to her.

Flashback...

"You knew it was down there?" Bo-Katan questions, Silya sighs. "Yes and no. it's hard to explain, but something is calling me. Been calling me for days. Telling me to come here and submit to the Living Waters." she informs.

Bo-Katan looks at her and looks back at the waters, "Are you insane? The bombing opened up more caverns in the Waters, you could drown." she warns.

Silya lays Din down and taking another look at him, "I have to do this. I can't walk away." she informs then stood to her feet.

Grogu whimpers as he looks at her, Silya looks down at him. "Don't worry, I'll be fine," she assures them to remove her helm.

Bo-Katan was just at her in disbelief. "You can be serious, the cavern isn't just the only danger down there, but the Mythosaur. It can eat you or worse." she tries to reason.

Silya continues to remove her armor and her weapons. "If you give into your fears of the unknown. You can never see what possible future awaits you on the horizon." she quotes as she is stripped down to her jumpsuit.

She stares at the water, taking in a breath, but Bo-Katan shoots to her feet and grabs hold of her arm, stopping her. "You'll be leaving not just your kid, but Din. He's in love with you. If you do this, go through with this, you'll die." she warns.