05

Along with the other hosts, you greeted your visitors to the outdoor tea party, which was a mix of both traditional Japanese tea culture along with some English.

"This damned butler outfit's suffocating me,"
You muttered under your breath, knowing fully well that the King was the reason you didn't get to match outfits with Haruhi.

Fortunately, you wouldn't have to do much standing, with the girls much preferring you'd sit down and have conversation with them.

"Y'know (y/n), besides Haruhi, we don't really see you interact with the other hosts too much. Is there a reason?"
One of the girls you were attending to asked.

Another girl spoke up with a gasp,
"Are you fighting with them behind closed doors?!"

A third girl chimed in,
"I know! You and the other hosts are from rival families, and you can't bring yourselves to talk to them!"

A sad expression made its way onto their faces,
"How could they bully someone like you, (y/n)? You're such a prince, you fit right in!"

You chuckled while waving your hands,
"Ladies, I'm not being bullied. We're all friends here, we just like to talk more behind closed doors,"

The girls nodded, their curiosity seemingly sated.

"Now, if you'd excuse me, I need to get some more tea going,"

The girls all said their goodbyes to you, happy with their experience with you. Of course you didn't actually go to make tea, you just wanted to get away from everything for a bit.

Being a host was a lot harder than you thought, always needing to be careful about your words and actions, and not being able to speak with your only friend their since the two of you were always busy with guests.

You felt a cool can rest upon your head, and you looked up to find that you hadn't been blessed by a flying soda, but instead, another host had felt gracious enough to give you a drink.

"Thanks Mori-senpai,"

He just nodded silently, sitting down next to you.

Looking around, you noticed something odd.

"Is Honey-senpai not with you?"

He shook his head, pointing to a carpet in the distance. You squinted to see the short boy thoroughly occupied with being spoiled by his guests, with Haruhi just playing along.

"Did you need a break too? I can imagine always having a little guy stuck to you can be tiring,"

He tilted his head slightly, his expression giving off a so-so vibe.

"You don't like to talk much, do you?"

He shook his head.

"I understand. Blink once if you want me to shut up, blink twice if it's okay if I keep talking,"

"You can keep talking, I like to listen,"

You sat there in shock for a few moments, the realization of how lucky you were to hear his words washing over you. You smiled brightly, happy someone wanted to hear you.