Chapter 14: Warcher Day

It was a normal, non-chaotic day for the duo as they returned from the supermarket, having done some shopping for their apartment and dropped off bags of food at Steven's parents' home after exchanging greetings with them, now that he had moved out.

Walking down the street beside the road in the small city was relaxing; crime was hardly a concern in this town, as its residents were too quirky for any typical thief to bother with.

Ronaldo: I JUST SAW A GREEN UFO FLYING ACROSS THE OCEAN!

This was just one example.

Peedee: What are you even talking about?

Ronaldo: Little brother, if you bothered to read my blog about "Keep Beach City Weird," you'd see the UFO I'm talking about.

Despite his elder brother's tendency to randomly shout about wild things, Ronaldo's demeanor returned to normal when talking to Peedee about his blog.

Ronaldo: WAIT! I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE, NOOOOO!

Mr. Fryman: What are you doing out there screaming about your blog? Get back to work; your break time's over, Ronaldo!

Ronaldo: You don't understand this feeling, Dad!

Lars: Teenagers....

He sighed to himself as Lars was seemly the more normal one out of everyone in town.

???: Is that you, Lars?!

A loud, familiar voice echoed through the streets, catching Lars and Warcher's attention. They spotted a loud and overly enthusiastic woman in the Beach City post mail service uniform. She stared directly at Lars with a shocked expression, but her smile soon widened into a toothy grin. Lars watched nervously, sweat beading down his cheek.

It was none other than Sadie's mother, Barbara Miller. She was a colleague whom Lars had worked with occasionally when delivering donuts or other products from the Big Donut around the city. However, due to the recent lack of deliveries, Lars hadn't seen or kept in contact with her.

Lars: Ah... Warcher, you go on without me. I'm gonna take a... detour.

Lars without a moment notice, crouched down and dashed off in the opposite direction into the alleyways as Barbara charged right after him

Barbara: Where ya' running off too, Lars? We got some things to catch up on like yours and my daughter dinner date!

Lars: It was not a date, Miss Miller!

The confused and rushed tone of Lars echo's through the block as Warcher just stood there alone, confused.

.

.

.