Chapter 19: To The Barn

Peridot is seen about to give a presentation to the Crystal Gems as Steven was standing in a box with Lars standing by the door way with his arm crossed.

Peridot: Ahem, ahem. As it seems I have no other options, I have conceded to reveal some important information to you all.

Peridot snaps her fingers, calling over Steven to shuffle in, wearing a box with a crudely drawn picture of Earth on it. Peridot, using a flyswatter as a pointer, smacks the box.

Peridot: This-!

Steven: Woah!

Peridot:... Is the Earth. At the very center of the planet's core lies... The Cluster! Rotate.

Steven complies, turning the box to show a representation of the Earth's core and the Cluster inside.

Peridot: This is the Cluster. A massive, artificial fusion composed of millions of gem shards. It has laid dormant for thousands of years within this planet's crust. When this Gem activates and takes its form, the result will be catastrophic. Now! 

Steven turns back to the Earth picture and bobs up and down, making escalating noises. A green snake monster puppet then bursts through the box, and the Gems gasps.

Steven: BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Peridot: What is that!?

Steven: It's the Cluster.

Peridot swats the puppet with the flyswatter.

Peridot: It does not look like that. But it is real, and it can activate at any moment!

Amethyst: What a cluster.

Garnet: That abomination must be stopped.

Pearl: But how? We'll need to build some sort of machine to take us to the center of the Earth, it'll have to-

Peridot: Hey! I wasn't finished speaking! What we need is to build some sort of machine to take us to the center of the Earth.

Pearl starts glaring at Peridot in annoyance. Amethyst looks at Pearl and smiles sarcastically. Pearl then glares at Amethyst, causing her to stop.

Peridot: It'll need to withstand up to 360 gigapascals of pressure and temperatures of 9800 degrees.

Pearl: Well, we mustn't waste time. We need to start finding parts for this machine immediately.

Peridot: Yes. Obviously. We'll start by dismantling all devices inside this dwelling.

Steven: Wha?

Peridot runs to the kitchen and grabs the microwave.

As right before she would break it, Lars decided to speak.

Lars: Then we will go to the barn.

Peridot: Barn?

Steven: Oh yeah! We were able to make the spaceship with the stuff there!

Peridot: If it holds adequate items for this plan, it will be best to head off at this instant! 

Steven: To da baaarn! Wooo!

.

.

.

What happened over the span of a few minutes upon their arrival was an issue between Pearl and Peridot, as their differing standards clashed, resulting in an argument. However, this disagreement swiftly transformed into a discussion about building robots, a topic suggested by the enthusiastic Steven, who had a fondness for robot shows.