one

N A S H G R I E R

I'm sitting in the waiting room of my vocal therapy building. My mother forces my to take these sessions with a middle-aged women who thinks she can get me to talk again.

Mrs. Holly, my therapist, will never get me to talk. Me becoming mute was a choice I can't go back on, if I do, there will be consequences.

"Nash Grier," Mrs. Holly calls from the door way of her small office. "It's your turn." I give my mom a small smile to make her happy and follow Mrs. Holly into her office.

The only thing I like about these sessions is the galaxy print bing-bag chair. I plop on it and listen to the irrelevant words the blonde lady has to say.

"So Nash, this is your 5th time coming to see me correct," I nod in response.

"I didn't quite hear you," she urges. I just roll my eyes. This is going to be a long 60 minutes.

------

Riding home was filled with questions I couldn't answer and advisements for me to talk. Once we got home I dashed to my room, not even saying hello to my father and siblings.

My room is my safe place. Nobody is forcing me to talk or insulting me for not. It's also the last place I spoke so it holds a lot of value. I haven't spoke in 3 years and I really don't wanna change that.

I decide I'm going to start winding down a little early tonight and watch Netflix since tomorrow I have school and I desire to find out what really happened the night Ally went missing.

I pug my phone in and head downstairs to get a bag of popcorn. I tiptoe into the kitchen so I don't get caught. I'm supposed to be having dinner. But what would you choose, Netflix and popcorn or being pressured to talk while having dinner.

The obvious answer is Netflix!

I open the pantry and grab a bag of smart food popcorn and rush up the stairs. Once my hand is on the door knob I hear my name being called. Oh well. I slammed the door closed ready to start my marathon of Pretty Little Lairs.
----

I wake up to Sky jumping on my bed. "Nashy you got to go to school," she yells, jumping more. I smile, signaling her that I'm up and thank you. She exits my room giggling.

I'm feeling really lazy so I decided to skip the shower shit. I put on a pair of black joggers, a red t-shirt, and matching red vans. Spray some colonel and depart my room.

Going down the stairs I smell bacon. My mom is a beautiful cook. I immediately enter the kitchen and reach for a slice of bacon but she slaps my hand away.

"Are you going to ask for a piece," she bribes. I huff and roll my eyes. I haven't had a home made breakfast in 3 weeks. Going to the cabinet getting the cereal, once I have it in my grasp I decide to slip on some bacon grease and fall spilling all the cereal.

I could hear Hayes's laughter from a mile away. "Ugh, Nash just go to school, we don't have time for this TODAY!!" My mom shrieks. There is nothing going on today, so I don't understand why she's so pissed.

Leaving the mad house I hop into my car. It was a bribery gift from my dad to get me to start taking again. Which didn't work but he was to sluggish to sell it so he let me keep it.

The ride to school was silent since I don't talk, even if I did, taking to myself wouldn't really happen.

As I exit my car I see one of my best friends Jack Johnson sprinting towards me. My eyes must have shown worry cause he tells me to calm down.

"Sorry to scare you Grier but I have some exciting news to tell you." I motion him to continue while I get my items out of my car and lock it.

"You know how the winter formal is around the corner, well I think Jack is going to ask me," he giggles. Johnson has this huge crush on Jack Gilinsky. He won't shut up about him, ever since they got partnered in lab. The sad thing about it is Gilinsky is straighter than a telephone pole.

I give him a sympathy look. He just puffs and crosses him arms. He knows it's never going to happen, Jack is going to end up heartbroken.

Arriving at my locker a see a bunch of students huddled around it. A take a deep breath before I have a break down. Jack has now disappeared which doesn't bring any comfort but I still push my way through the crowed to my locker.

What I see almost brings me to tears. There is big blue graffiti that reads 'mute geek'. The blue letters don't cover my whole locker, so there are little other abusive words scribbled on my locker as well.

I turn to the group of kids and just glare at them. It didn't phase them, I knew it wouldn't. They burst into fits of laughter as they walk away.

My body slides down the lockers as I curl up into a ball. I wish I could scream and yell at them, but I can't and I will never be able to.

A/N: idk what to say, but I feel like I should have an authors note. Anyways, thanks for reading.