two

C A M E R O N D A L L A S

Walking into school this Tuesday was exciting. Basketball tryouts are today. As team captain I am one of the judges, so is the MVP Jack Gilinsky.

While taking my books out of my locker I hear laughter coming from down the hall.

Looking closer a see a group of students arranged in front of a boy's locker.

The boy turns around and glares at them, strangely not saying a word. The kids just cackle more as they walk off.

The curiosity of why he didn't yell at them took over my body as I moved towards his locker.

I see why the group taunted the boy. Mute geek was signed on his locker.

I heard of him, the boy who doesn't speak.

I squat down trying to get a better look at his face. It was hard because he had his head tucked in between his legs.

But from what I could make out he had pail white skin with a light freckle coating. His brown hair was a little longer in the front but it suited him.

I tapped his shoulder. "Hi, is everything okay," I questioned.

Immediately after he looked up his eyes caught me. It wasn't the icy blue that pulled me in, it was the sadness behind them.

He looked at me surprised. Even though I knew he didn't speak I was still excepting him to respond with something. Maybe a nod, or even a smile. But no he just looked at me in shock.

I stood up offering a hand to him. He was unsure at first but eventually took it.

His hand felt tingly and warm in mine, but I just came from outside and my hands are cold so I warm one felt nice.

I let go of his hand as I looked him over again. "Are you good, I saw those kids and I'm just making sure your not hurt or anything."

He shook his head "n0," not meeting my gaze. Honestly he looked so frightened it mad me scared.

I went to touch his shoulder but he flinched away.

"Can at least have your name?" I asked.

He gave me the you-is-stupid-as-fuck look. "Oh yeah.... you don't talk."

He rolled his eyes, opening his locker getting his books out and shutting it again.

As he walked to class I followed. It wasn't that I was stalking him or anything like that. I was just curious.

Once we got to the room I opened the door for him. He was about to walk in before I stopped him. "I still didn't catch your name," I reminded.

He looked at me and shrugged with a sly smirk on his pail face and walked in the classroom without another glance.

lunch-time

I am sitting at my usual outdoor lunch table waiting for my three idiot friends. While thinking about the mute boy.

He won't get out of my head. I really need to know his name. The way he just shrugged when I asked for his name the second time. He knew by not giving it to me would get under my skin. And it did.

Aaron appears first. He's a freshman while we're all seniors but he fits in perfectly. Also it's like having the little brother I never had.

Taylor and Gilinsky sat down at the same time, already in a conversation. I turned to Aaron seeing that he is opening his PB&J sandwich.

"Aaron I need some info," I state.

He huffs and turns to me. "Can't you see I'm eating my lunch."

"Never mind that, I just really need something," I plead.

"What is it Cameron."

"You know the mute boy," I ask. He nods picking up his PB&J again. "I need to know his name."

"His name is Nash Grier," Aaron answers.

"Nash Nas- wait how do you know his name." I question.

"Every time I start eating you wanna ask me questions!" Aaron groans. "In 8th grade we had a buddy assignment, we took the 6th graders under our wing, and showed them the ropes of middle school. I was assigned Hayes Grier, which is Nash's little brother."

I give Aaron a smile thanking him. I had more questions about the mute boy, now know as Nash but I let Aaron enjoy his lunch.

I honestly don't know what's so intruding about this boy. I don't think I like him.

I'm more attracted to girls than boys when it comes to me being bisexual. But that's not my point. It's that I want to know every single detail about him, but he is a complete stranger.

This is all so complex. And I like simple. And the easiest thing to do is:

find out who Nash Grier is.

A/N: I had to redo chapter 2 because I didn't like the direction it was heading. I like this much better. Thanks for reading.

Please Comment & Vote.