Ch. 16 Bad Luck

Screaming.

"Help me!" Jake shouted, then sobs ripped from his chest.

My eyes flashed open as he cried out in agony. I turned to him.

He was gripping the sheets, his veins sticking out of his arms from the strain.

He was having a nightmare. I needed to wake him.

I took his face in my hands. "Jake! Jake, wake up!"

His eyes shot open, but he wasn't there. it wasn't Jake. His eyes were wide and crazy.

He lunged forward, knocking me back. He punched me in the face.

"Jake! Jake, please, wake up!" I cried.

His crazy eyes looked at me like I was crazy as his hands went to my neck.

Then, with all the breath in my lungs, I shouted, "Jake!"

He blinked. When he opened them again, his eyes were calm. He looked at me in confusion, then down at his hands. He lifted them up, looking at them in horror.

"Jake, it's okay," I whispered.

He didn't say anything.

"Jake, I love you, okay? It was a nightmare."

"I hurt you. I-I could've killed you," he whispered.

"You didn't. Jake-"

My phone rang.

I sighed and picked it up. "Hello?"

Jake leaned down and kissed my neck, sucking and licking.

I tangled a hand in his hair.

"Britt, it's Kelly. Are you ready for your test?"

"It's four in the morning."

"Yeah. Why are you up? You should be resting."

Jake made a trail of kisses down my cleavage as his hand found me.

"I have to go. I'll see you soon." I hung up and threw my phone aside. I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate. "Jake, what are you doing?" I panted.

"I'm apologizing."

"Jake-" I was caught off guard when his mouth found me. When had he taken my panties off? At that moment, I didn't know, nor did I care.

I gripped his hair with both of my hands and moaned in pleasure.

He took my legs and pulled them, pulling me down the bed so I was nose to nose with him. He kissed my forehead, cheeks, and nose before his lips found mine. As he kissed me, he sunk into me. His hands held my waist in place. He moved slowly, lovingly. He hummed into my mouth.

I smiled against his lips, overwhelmed by him.

He ran a hand through my hair. "I love you so much. I'm so sorry. I can't apologize enough."

"Don't apologize. You didn't mean it."

"But I-"

"I love you, Jake. I care about you and I trust you. I-"

He thrusted really hard, sending me spiraling into the most powerful release I'd ever had.

He joined me, burying his head in my shoulder, holding me to him.

Breathless, I pulled him into a sweet, intoxicating kiss. I rolled us, so I was over him. I smiled, "I have to get ready for work."

I got up and went to the master bath. I slipped my nightgown off and turned the shower on. I climbed in and sighed as the hot water hit my skin, running down my body. I ran my hands through my hair, soaking it.