Chapter 2 Chained

After a good night's sleep, you rolled to your right side to look at the alarm clock on your night stand. 12:30 p.m. blinked in red lighting on the clock.

"Did I really sleep in this late?" You questioned yourself and slowly got out of bed. You then headed to the bathroom to get ready.

~~~Le Time Skip to a few minutes later~~~

You had just gotten downstairs when Matsuda popped out of no where.

"Hello (y/n)!" He said cheerfully.

"Oh, hi Matsuda," you replied.

"I really like the drawing you made but I think it needs a picture at the bottom to tie it all together," he said smiling widely.

"See, that's what I was thi-" you paused, "wait, how do you know about the drawing?"

"Ryuzaki showed it to everyone when they came downstairs... Well, more like shoved it in our faces."

"Ugh! He didn't!" You groaned.

The smiling man laughed, "yes, he really did."

You sighed and told Matsuda that you were going to go get something to eat. He nodded and you both parted ways. After grabbing some (your favorite snack), you decided to go see what the rest of the team was doing. You found a few of the members gathered in a small room talking but decided not to interrupt. You continued walking until you found yourself in the monitoring room again. Both Light and Ryuzaki were sitting down and looking at clues. Their wrists were chained together and you could tell Light didn't like it one bit.

"Um hi," You said gaining the boys' attention.

Ryuzaki turned back to the screens while mumbling something you couldn't hear. Light, however, was polite enough to greet you back.

"Hi, (y/n). Did you sleep well?"

"Yes," you said while taking a seat beside him, "I can't believe I slept in so late though."

Light chuckled slightly and leaned back in his chair. "It's alright. There are just days where you have to get some extra sleep."

"True," you replied and smiled slightly, "how's the Kira case going today? Any more voice recordings or killings?"

It was now L's turn to speak up. "There have been two more killings but no videos have appeared yet," he said and placed his thumb to his lips.

"Honestly there hasn't been much happening besides the two heart attacks," Light chimed in, "and being chained to this guy isn't much better."

"Well how about we all go somewhere today? You know, get a little fresh air?" You said cheerfully.

"No, no, I have work to do. I can't go anywhere at the moment," L said without taking his eyes away from the screens.

"Then I guess it'll be just me and Light then."

"You'll have to be chained to him," the pale man mumbled and looked at you.

"I'm alright with that. I'd rather be chained to (y/n) than you any day!" Light exclaimed.

L unlocked his hand cuff and placed it on your wrist and locked it back. You and Light stood and began walking out the door. That is, until you heard a high pitched voice coming from behind you.

"Liiiiiiight!" The blonde girl screeched and tackled the boy, causing all of you to fall. You scowled and stood up, dusting off your shirt. The annoying model held onto her 'lover' tightly and continuously rubbed her cheek against Light's arm. "Oh Light, I missed you so much! I can't wait to leave this old tower and be with you forever!" Misa continuously tried kissing Light but the boy just pushed her head away. You helped Light stand and crossed your arms in front of your chest.