Prologue- Where It All Begins

September 5, 2015

"Granny!" I look up and I caught a glimpse of my granddaughter Chloe running towards me. She looks so much like her mother when she was ten years old. My daughter Sarah had decided to visit Kentucky for the Labor Day weekend. Sarah and her husband Jeremiah lived in California. I don't get to see them very often because Jeremiah is a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. He is stationed at Camp Pendleton. My husband James and I have been married for forty-nine years. We have five children.

Daniel is my oldest. He
turned forty-seven years old on August 19th. Daniel and his wife Sheila live in Louisville, Kentucky. They have three children. Daniel is a high school basketball coach at a private school. Daniel and Sheila's three kids were fifteen year old Lamont, thirteen year old Alyssa, and six year old Katherine "Katie". 

I have  two sets of identical twin daughters Marie, Antoinette, Sarah, and Monique. Marie and Antoinette are forty four years old. Antoinette and her husband Darius live in Miami, Florida. Antoinette is a cosmetologist. She has four children. Her children were fifteen year old José, fourteen year old Olivia, ten-year-old Michael, and five-year-old Maria.  Her twin sister Marie never married but has adopted four children. She is a librarian and she lives in Rochester, New York.  Her children were sixteen-year-old Faith, fourteen-year-old Noah, thirteen-year-old Peter, and eight-year-old Andre . 

My son Joseph is forty years old. Joseph and his wife Claudia live in Dallas, Texas. Joseph is a pediatrician. They have one child, a 10-year-old boy named Ezekiel.

And my Sarah, well you already know a little bit about her. She is thirty-two years old. She has two children and another on the way. Sarah and Jeremiah had a thirteen-year-old daughter  Annie , and ten-year-old Chloe. Her twin sister Monique had been married for almost two years and she and her husband were excepting a daughter around December 25th. They had decided to name her Adriana.

I was sitting on my porch when I heard the telephone ring. I got up to go into the house and get it. My husband James was busy inside trying to fix the television.

"Hello?" I said. The voice on the other end was my son Joseph. " Hello Mom, I just wanted to let you know that Claudia and I and the kids will be coming to your Labor Day Celebration."

"That's great, I do wish that your siblings could join us as well." Charlotte said.

"Well I have a surprise for you" Marie and her children are coming, so is Antoinette and her husband and kids, and so is Daniel and his wife and his kids.

I was so overwhelmed with joy.
When the rest of my family arrived I was so happy. My granddaughter Alyssa asked me "Granny how did you meet Grandpa?" I thought about it for a few seconds. "I will tell you how I met your Grandpa after dinner". I replied. My son Daniel said the prayer.

"Gracious Heavenly Father, we thank you for the blessings we have received and we thank you for the food and the hands that prepared it. Let the food nourish our bodies. Amen"

"Amen" everyone replied.

When all of my children and grandchildren had gotten done eating dinner, I sat down in my mother's old rocking chair with James sitting by my side in another rocking chair. " I want to tell you how I met your Grandpa." I am going to go back to fifty six years ago. Here is my story. Charlotte opened her mouth and began to her family the story of her life.