Chapter 10: Wendigo

Chapter 10: Wendigo

(Picture of a Wendigo above. Please let me know if the picture is not visible. If the sentences are separated funny I'm sorry, Wattpad is acting up.)

Brittany's POV:

My eyes snap open and I let out a groan at the hardness of what I'm laying on. The outside of my throat burns every time I move my neck. To my right is an old mattress laying on the ground with a few blankets. I'm laying on a blanket on the concrete ground.

I slowly sit up, groaning a bit when I feel a stabbing pain in my stomach. I raise up my new grey T-shirt and see that where the Wolf got me with it's claws is now stitched up with dry blood around it. I can feel bandages around my neck and white tape on the slash on my forehead.

I slowly stand from the ground and look around the room.

The door is closed, leaving me by myself. Where am I? To the right is a huge desk covered in pictures, papers, and weapons. The walls used to be white, but are now stained yellow with holes in it. There is a window but old worn curtains are covering it.

The concrete floor has dried blood all over it, in which I am assuming is mine. To the left is a closed closet. I shiver and only then do I realize how cold it is in here.

I go over to the old scratched up wooden desk and see old pictures of two blonde headed men. They look similar to Collin and Dylan. We must have made it to their Uncle's house while I was out.

I notice an old torn brown leather journal and pick it up. Opening it, I see it's got all of the creatures documented along with their weaknesses. It has a danger map of a mine, another danger map of where the creatures are in the city, and a map of the quarantine zones.

Whoever made this "Monster Guide" is very accurate and descriptive. I've seen most of these. Turning to a random page, I see a drawn creature like on the other pages, but I haven't seen this one yet. It's so graphically drawn, it makes you think whoever drew it came face to face with one. It makes a shiver go down my spine. This is worse that the Night Crawlers.

I look at the name: Wendigo.

It skin is white and it's very skinny. It has a long, anorexic like torso with long flexible legs. It's claws extend about four inches and it's fingers are long as well, matching the rest of it.

Just as I'm about to read about it someone steps into the room, causing me to jump. I look to the door and see a blonde but grey haired man standing in the doorway.

"Don't be frightened. My name's Jax. I'm Collin's uncle." He announces. His brown eyes make his blondish-grey hair stick out. He has to be in his late or early forties. He's tall with a little bit of weight on him, but not too much.

I look down at the journal and back at him, I feel like I just got caught snooping. Oh wait, I did.

"I'm sorry," I falter with my words, "I was just.." It's hard to speak clearly because of the bite marks on my neck.

"Don't worry. Doesn't have anything personal in it anyway. I see you're interested in that one." He comments, motioning to the Wendigo.

I nod and reply, "I haven't ran into this one yet."

"I hope you never do, but it's likely up here. I was just leaving the city when, fortunately, you're friends caught me on time. We temporarily stitched you up and moved up into the woods. It's snowing outside so our scent is covered from Wolves for now." He nods.

I nod in reply and ask, "Is our scent hidden from these?"

"What? Wendigo's? No, it's not. They don't go by scent." He informs me.